Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #21

if the weathers good next weekend were going to strawberry park in ct. there is a wally world not far away and i allready spend $700 on stuff you guys suggested. the only thing I dont have is a surge protector ??? will I be fine without for one this trip??
man we can't wait thanks guys/gals will post some pics
Derekjpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #22

If your first trip isn't pure fun, don't be disillusioned. It takes a few trips to figure out where to put stuff and how to be efficient about the work aspects of camping. You get better at it which leaves more time for the fun part. At some point you'll also figure out there are some things you simply don't have to own and don't have to do.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
if the weathers good next weekend were going to strawberry park in ct. there is a wally world not far away and i allready spend $700 on stuff you guys suggested. the only thing I dont have is a surge protector ??? will I be fine without for one this trip??

Very few campers really use surge protectors, I have been thinking about getting one for 25 years.... ( ) don't have one yet. Not something to loose sleep over. Research into it a little more as there are a wide variety out there.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
I think its one of the single most IMPORTANT items you should purchase IMO.
One time is all it takes to fry everything in your camper costing thousands!
For under $400.00 dollars it's a cheap investment and you can take it from camper to camper as long as you stay with the same amp "30" amp or 50 "amp"
Id suggest a progressive industries hardwired.

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I think its one of the single most IMPORTANT itemscyou should purchase IMO.

X2

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:28 AM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Although you won't get a proper surge suppressor from wally world you can order it and have it in a few days.
Progressive industries hardwired unit has a lifetime WARRANTY and made in the USA!

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #27

We are so nice to help you spend all of your money and you have not even pulled into the campground yet.....

Do you have a surge protector going into the main line on your home? Welllll..... you should...... When a EMP hits and fries all of your electrical applications it will cost you thousands and thousand of dollars to replace after about 5-10 years after the grid goes down (never to come back up). Oh, don't worry about that, we will have long been past the stone age period by that time and electricity will be only a faded memory.

You have spent a lot of money on 'stuff'. 25% of it you will use only once during a camping season (and that is because you forced yourself because you bought and 'must' use it). Go camping a time or two and in the mean time research about the different types of surge protectors. The costs and styles and applications very greatly.

Thank-you for letting us spend your money. We like to spend other peoples money, because it makes us feel better because of all of the money that we spent ourselves.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Very few campers really use surge protectors, I have been thinking about getting one for 25 years.... ( ) don't have one yet. Not something to loose sleep over. Research into it a little more as there are a wide variety out there.
we've also been camping for about 25 years and have never even considered a surge protector.
but this is because we very rarely camp with any hookups. we've probably camped with electric hookups less than 5 times in those 25 years.

but IF our camping style changes, to one where we frequent RV parks more, instead of national/state parks, then we'd invest in one.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s