Old 10-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #11
I think between the shoddy Quality Control by FR and the very unethical treatment by local dealer - between the 2 of them they ought to pony up with an appology and an extended warranty. Unfortunately, I doubt the motor vehicle LEMON law applys to RVs.

Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #12
Give FR a call and inform them as to problems with your unit and see if they would consider this a lemon unit and offer you any assistance. I feel sure they would like to know about your dealer experience and how you were treated at their dealership. I feel sure they will work everything out but you need the satisfaction of having the upperhand.

2000 F-150 4x4 sc,off road pkg,Tow Pkg,5.4,3.73TL,2007 Flagstaff 8524RLS,and One Happy Maltese! See You Down The Road!!!
froglegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:08 PM   #13
The Jolly Mon
Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
No matter WHAT BRAND you buy...there are problematic ones that get through. I've been sifting RV forums for YEARS...and there's always a lemon in every brand.

I think I'd light it on fire in front to the dealer's front door...they'd probably blame it on the wiring.
Pete (Jolly Mon)

2014 Jayco Whitehawk 24 RBS
2004 Nissan Titan LE, 4x4
Equal-i-zer hitch
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #14
AKA Bluebird
Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Be assured that no one is laughing at your misfortune. Unfortunately, stories such as yours seem to be becoming more and more prevalent. I'm sure we all have found your report to be educational.

I find it very interesting about the dealer not advising you that "someone" had "crashed" into your trailer while driving through their parking lot. I sense that you are just as upset as any of us would be if a dealer treated us in that manner. I do hope the damage was not serious.

What you have shared makes me wonder who is paying for the repair of the damages caused by the crash, and about the identity of the errant driver. I don't know about how things work in Texas, but where I live a driver who causes property damage is obligated under penalty of law to make their identity known. Have you asked the dealer to provide you, the owner and maybe the person who has the legal right to recover damages, with this information - if it is known to them? (There may be some concealed damages. What do you do then if you don't know who was responsible?) Likewise, if the damage was caused by a hit and run driver, was a police report was made? Was the dealership maybe concerned about some kind of liability issue? Gee, I can think of a whole bunch of questions I would like to have answered if I were in your place - if for no other reason than to put my mind at ease.

Good luck with getting your issues resolved.
Happy Camping! ///// Richard D.
2006 4x4 Ford 250 SD / 2007 Flagstaff 827 FLS
One very patient wife and one furry child who travels with us. Forty-two years of trailering and camping, and I still have a blast.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:03 PM   #15
That's quite a story.
We bought our surveyor in 2005 ,all has been good ,apart from the fact that we got both axles replaced ,due to misallinment,causing excessive tire wear.
We've travelled app. 24000 km's ,
without even a hint of any problem.

Jeep Cherokee & Surveyor
and we love it.
Harli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #16
Grape Escape
Please warn us. Name the dealer

2008 Cardinal 30RKLE 5th wheel sold
2006 Rockwood 2607, 2001 Traillite
55 nights 2009, 53 for 2010
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014