Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #1

2011 Wildcat 25RL

We just purchased a 25RL and pick it up from the dealer tomorrow. Any words of wisdom about this model that we should be aware of?
Tsunami1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

A little too late to ask isn't it? Sorry I can't help you as I don't have one. Also for others reading this, while you may know what you are buying or have, it's hard for others to know if you don't give a few details. So you bought a 25RL. Is that a Flagstaff, Rockwood, Roo, other, 5th wheel, trailer? What year is it? Just because it is new, doesn't mean it's the current year. Also might want to list the manufacturer, as not everyone on here has a Forrest River product.

Sorry for the rant, and don't take it personal, it's just hard to help when we don't know a few specifics. Not all trailers are created equal, sometimes not even two of the same year and model.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #3

2011 Wildcat 25RL

Still learning - didn't know a Wildcat 25RL could be something other than a Forest River fifth wheel because when I do internet searches for "Wildcat 25RL", the websites that come up contain Forest River Wildcat fifth wheels.

Would like to hear from anyone who has a 25RL and knows pros/cons of that particular model.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
A little too late to ask isn't it? Sorry I can't help you as I don't have one. Also for others reading this, while you may know what you are buying or have, it's hard for others to know if you don't give a few details. So you bought a 25RL. Is that a Flagstaff, Rockwood, Roo, other, 5th wheel, trailer? What year is it? Just because it is new, doesn't mean it's the current year. Also might want to list the manufacturer, as not everyone on here has a Forrest River product.

Sorry for the rant, and don't take it personal, it's just hard to help when we don't know a few specifics. Not all trailers are created equal, sometimes not even two of the same year and model.
Looks like the title says what it is.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

My apologies, I stand corrected. In my defense, I read every new post every day. I don't care about the titles or look at them. With the recent thread over lines in the signature line, I wish when you signed on you had to state your trailer and tow vehicle, (with none being an option), and then that automatically became part of your signature. With the short time-out on this site, (which I have inquired about), I can't always do all the research and get info in order to possibly help before I'm timed out and have to log back in, then search for the post I was trying to help with. I realize I can't help all, wish I could, but would like to help when I can with what I have to offer. It is up to the original poster to accept or decline, after all, it's their rig and their money, and their time.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #6

Meant no harm Windrider...The post just seemed kind of harsh on a new fella.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami1 View Post
We just purchased a 25RL and pick it up from the dealer tomorrow. Any words of wisdom about this model that we should be aware of?
I'm all out of wisdom (actually I don't think I had any to begin with), but congrats on the new trailer and welcome to the forum.

Post some pics when you get it home.

Good luck and happy camping!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #8

Wildcat is a very well uilt 5th wheel, did you buy a west coast or east coast wildcat?
commander ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #9

We bought it in Florida - I assume that means east coast. Glad to hear from someone that it's well built, so thank you!

Tags
5th wheel