Old 09-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #1

2011 Wildcat fresh water tank capacity discrepancy

Hello, first post here. Bought a 2011 Wildcat 28RKSB last month. This is our third camper, but our first new one, and first fifth wheel. The first two were hybrids, a 2001 Fleetwood Prowler 17’, and a 2004 Dutchmen 19T.

Had one question. I noticed on the inside of the door and on the outside of the Cat there is a load sticker that says “Maximum cargo capacity is 3,300 lbs (can’t remember the number) and that a full load of water will weigh 342 lbs @ 8.33/gal

This works out to 41 gallons of fresh water. Not sure if this includes the 6 gallons in the hot water tank, but let’s say it does not, this only adds up to 47 gallons. Yet the Wildcat web site says 56 gallons fresh water and the downloadable Wildcat brochure literature says fresh water capacity is 58 gallons.

Something does not add up. Is the sticker wrong or is the tank smaller than advertised? It seems even Wildcat's website contradicts itself (by 2 gallons).

Old 09-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #2

If you read the fine print on any of the sales brochures for most any RV you will notice that it states "Specifications subject to change without notice" Could be they had to make a design change that forced the use of a smaller tank, although if only by 2 gallons it isn't much.

Welcome to the forums

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #3

It's not the 2 gallons difference in the literature I'm concerned about, it's the 15-17 gallons difference between the stated 56 gallons (or 58 gallons depending upon source) and the 41 gallons implied by the sticker "Full load of water weighs 342 lbs" which works out to 41 gallons @ 8.33 lbs/gallon.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #4

Can't help you there. My guess is that someone at the factory may have calculated wrong. To tell you the truth I have never woried that much about it on any RV I've owned, when the water is gone, I put more in.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #5

The specifications on my 2010 Freelander Dreamer stated, "55 Gallon Fresh water tank," but in actuality it is a 45 gallon tank. I didn't read the *fine print* like Jeeper informes us. I always wondered what happened. Problem solved.

Tags
5th wheel