Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
TigerPride

2015 rockwood 8286ws outside kitchen change up!

When we ordered our camper we were thinking that we would have the full out door kitchen with three bunks to our surprise when it got delivered to the dealer it had a small kitchen(pull out stove/sink with 12pk Mini fridge at best) a plus for that was they added a fourth bed so wasn't to upset. My issue was with Forrest river. They never informed our dealer of the change. Heck as far as they new they were selling me a 2014 model. There was a price increase on the 2015. Due to the inconvenience they honored the 2014 price and reduced $500. This is not a complaint just thought I would post incase future buyers search the forum they can make sure that their dealer info is correct. Happy camping!!!

P.s. The axel bolt issue is still there. Had the serv manager get under the camper and and torque them to 47lbs. 6 out of the 8 could be loosened by hand. This camper some how made the approx 1000 mile trip to south louisiana with only two bolts holding on. If you have torsion axels you should check bolts often
cajunrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:17 PM   #2

Axel Bolt Issue

We are scheduled to pick our 8311 rockwood up in a couple of weeks. What is this axel bolt issue and is it something we need to look into while we are at the dealer. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
BoyenBungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:19 AM   #3
TigerPride

If it has torsion axles check the axle bolts FR has a problem in quality control and since 07' the campers have been leaving factory with loose axle bolts that hold them to the frame some keep getting loose even after you tighten them some where on the forum there is a thread about this and some people have even added bolts to take care of this problem
cajunrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:32 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

The torsion axles tend to twist down on the mounting brackets. I added (2) 1/2 x 1-1/2 Gr 8 bolts and locknuts thru the top on my 08 Flagstaff and had the dealer do the same on our 12 Flagstaff before I would take it off the lot. Bolts, etc can be seen inside the 2" sq. tube. There are holes already in the axle supports.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clearance to tire.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	53994  

Tags
rockwood, outdoor kitchen