Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #1

2016 Vibe 272BHS Reviews

Hi, I'm new to this forum...with some typical questions. Im hoping to find some feedback on these new vibes that have come out. I saw that this line came out in 2015 and after searching for a new camper for quite some time now, we may have found the one. My questions are predictable, how does it hold up? what to look for when checking it out?? and how reliable is this new linc tablet thing??? And of course any other feedback would great! Thanks and happy camping!
DoWnAqT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:26 AM   #2

I'm in the same boat can't find any reviews but we just got the vibe 312 bhs an pick it up this Thursday.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper911ed View Post
I'm in the same boat can't find any reviews but we just got the vibe 312 bhs an pick it up this Thursday.
I may be doing the same this week... whats your short hand review? They seem like a very nice trailer.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:36 PM   #4

From what I can tell they seem to be built well inside an out. We looked at many TT over a course of 2 weeks an we kept coming back to the Vibes. Something about the look an feel when your around it, can't explain. Maybe it was the huge outside kitchen with the grill, i don't know. My wife liked the fact that the Bunk house in the back has a actual door to close instead of a pocket door an also a door into the master bedroom. She did a sound test with a camper with pocket doors an one with solid doors an there was quite the difference.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper911ed View Post
From what I can tell they seem to be built well inside an out. We looked at many TT over a course of 2 weeks an we kept coming back to the Vibes. Something about the look an feel when your around it, can't explain. Maybe it was the huge outside kitchen with the grill, i don't know. My wife liked the fact that the Bunk house in the back has a actual door to close instead of a pocket door an also a door into the master bedroom. She did a sound test with a camper with pocket doors an one with solid doors an there was quite the difference.
Well I hope it's a good camper, put a deposit on it last night and will hopefully have it in my possession and camping this weekend.

Today they were trying to sell me into the extened warranty, I didn't grab it. I just read that you can get an additional year added to the factory for 150 by calling forest river themselves. So I'll be doing that for sure.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #6

We have a 2015 vibe 272 bhs and just love it we had a wilderness advantage 5 th wheel and find that this is just more comfortable in side and out . So far we have had no issues other than some minor things that we will have taken care of after the season . The only cons about this unit is that the out side kitchen is set high for me it's fine but my wife who is 4 foot ten just doesn't work out well lol their is no heat vent in the bath on ours and depending where it was built you might have one . Ours came compleatlly loaded with every option at that time but wish it had only one sewer drain like the newer ones have. I tow it with a f150 Echo boost 4x4 and the trailer tows great. In all we love it I opted for a extended warrenty for 12 years witch covers all major components and axles , bearings ect ect I have added a few up grades my self like a batt disconnect switch , vent cover, and a auto switch over valve for the propane. During your p d I don't rush and make sure EVERYTHiNG works even go up on the roof I found a hole in ours and the keys didn't work nothing is to small to check out during that time. Good luck and safe travels keep us updated.

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:30 PM   #7

I called forest river an you can get the extended 2nd year warranty for 250 for my 312bhs.
Timothy thanks for info, I do my walk through on Thursday.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:57 PM   #8

Oh boy, I'm hoping I don't have two dump outs on mine. I saw that one an 2015 video. How do you know the did away with the two dump outs?
Old 06-23-2015, 09:08 PM   #9

Good luck chopper any questions just ask as for the two dump outs it's not that bad as long as you remember to hook up the Hose before you extend your slide and I bought a y coupling and that works fine .

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:19 AM   #10

So I got mine on June 28th. Took it camping that day as I was on vacation.

First thoughts:

beautiful! Very nice colors and the interior is stunning.

After getting settled at the camp ground:

they really need to get their heads on straight when it comes to quality control. One of the table posts, all the screws were stripped out. One of the cabinet door hinge screws were stripped and the door was drop when opening. No heater vent is bathroom... that is BS! Cold toilets suck...moving on. Awning wasn't installed square, so it doesn't retract against camper 100% close like 95%.. the long brackets that are fixed to the camper are off a little causing it not to close flush. Broken outside hood range vent flapper.. And there was a ton of saw dust through out the camper.

I'm obviously not a pro camper builder. But the problems I had were caused by poor care in work. The awning will have to stay like that because I don't care to have new holes drilled. The stripped wood screws is pretty amateur, you'd think the technician would know that stripped scews don't hold.

All in all, I love the camper. I fixed pretty much everything myself as Im a master technician for automobiles, and I'm pretty handy. Even though it was all minor things, I still think the first impression is the best impression... imo, they need a better quality control director.

We'll see how it holds up for our next trip in a few weeks. Happy camping!
Old 07-12-2015, 11:52 AM   #11

We just bought a 2016 Vibe 279RBS and love it. We did have a couple of issues. The shower was not caulked at the bottom, while taking care of that, found one of the glass panels was installed incorrectly. Luckily handyman husband fixed it. Fridge would not like on gas, finally found a loose wiring harness on the top trim control panel. Blaming this on really BAD Ohio roads. Still have an issue with the grey water sensor not working, but have a tech checking it out. Fell in love with this model at the Hershey PA RV Show in Sept 2015. Even with the couple of issues, we love the camper. So much storage and counter space and just a great warm feeling to the décor.
flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:50 PM   #12

I recently bought a 2016 272bh and I agree with what people are saying... that the quality control folks at the factory are not doing a good job at all. We had multiple problems most of which were fixed before we bought it. The biggest problem I have now is that my rear stabilizer does not go down. I bought this rig in VA and pulled it to Kansas. I guess the best thing I can do is get it to a dealer and see if they can fix it before my year warranty is up. I'll be living in this thing until next June, so I hope it holds up over the winter! Other than the rear stabilizer, we love it. I don't really use the tablet, not sure what the advantage is of that thing, really. My biggest complaint is that the factory did not do a decent enough quality control of things like cabinets, leaks in the faucets, etc. Forest River could really use some help in the quality control area before they ship these things off to the dealer!
Armyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyhoo View Post
The biggest problem I have now is that my rear stabilizer does not go down. I bought this rig in VA and pulled it to Kansas. I guess the best thing I can do is get it to a dealer and see if they can fix it before my year warranty is up. I
I had a rear stabilizer issue on my 268RKS Vibe. It was just a loose connection on the breaker right by the outside switch. Might want to check and save yourself a trip to the dealer. There is a thread here on stabilizer issues.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:10 PM   #14

i have a 2016 Vibe

I like the looks of my 2016 Vibe, but I spent a month fixing all the problems it had, two 120v outlets didn't get wire connected to outlet so there was open hot wires in the walls, just about all screws were striped, the tv and radio antenna splitter was wired backwards so I couldn't get any stations, shower leaked, I flushed out the black tank and found wood chunks in the tanks and they just have no QC at the factory, but I knew they are known for poor quality. I don't want to take it back to the dealer because it will sit in line take forever to fix, and I don't trust the dealer camping World, to work on anything of mine. so if you buy knowing its a cheep POS it doesn't sting as bad. hope this helps.
jim454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe