Old 05-29-2016, 09:36 AM   #191

Possibly to prove your point, ours came wired for the 2nd AC so even though we don't have the 2nd AC we do have 50AMP and thus far we have never tripped a breaker. We use EL water the resi fridge the AC and the microwave at the same time.... Here I've been complaining about the large 50AMP cord - guess I should be grateful.

Old 05-29-2016, 10:14 AM   #192
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oops View Post
Possibly to prove your point, ours came wired for the 2nd AC so even though we don't have the 2nd AC we do have 50AMP and thus far we have never tripped a breaker. We use EL water the resi fridge the AC and the microwave at the same time.... Here I've been complaining about the large 50AMP cord - guess I should be grateful.
Dang...now that would be something nice to have....yes consider yourself lucky

1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #193

Agree Oops. I think you have proven my point.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:14 PM   #194

Here's an update from the campsite though: I figured out the wife had a flat iron AND blow dryer plugged up and running at the same time. Ac was running but little else, and we tripped. Earlier this am we ran micro, ac, coffee pot, and did a shower so I think the trailer probably does hold its own at 30 amps. Blow dryer and flat iron...not so much!
Old 05-29-2016, 02:39 PM   #195
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem312 View Post
Here's an update from the campsite though: I figured out the wife had a flat iron AND blow dryer plugged up and running at the same time. Ac was running but little else, and we tripped. Earlier this am we ran micro, ac, coffee pot, and did a shower so I think the trailer probably does hold its own at 30 amps. Blow dryer and flat iron...not so much!
Ya that would do it....
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:13 PM   #196

Lol.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:43 AM   #197

Hopefully I get all the bugs worked out before warranty is out. Now I have to shop it for a bubble in the laminate on the bunk slide.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:10 AM   #198

Just got back from a 10 day trip. About 1500 miles on the 312 and we are very pleased with her. There are a few things that make you wonder if FR designers actually camp in the units lol. Like the master bed lights - why can't they put them behind your head rather than in your eyes when you lay down... Even a valance would help... But the big bonus is that with the warmer ground water temp and you guys advice we didn't have any issues with the hot water keeping up. - Thanks! As a matter of fact in Gulf Shores we almost couldn't run it out!
I did however clip a retread on the interstate and broke off the rear stabilizer motor. What should be $125 motor appears to be $300. After reading the many issues these have on the forum I'm wondering about just going with manual jacks? What have your experiences been?
Old 06-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oops View Post
Just got back from a 10 day trip. About 1500 miles on the 312 and we are very pleased with her. There are a few things that make you wonder if FR designers actually camp in the units lol. Like the master bed lights - why can't they put them behind your head rather than in your eyes when you lay down... Even a valance would help... But the big bonus is that with the warmer ground water temp and you guys advice we didn't have any issues with the hot water keeping up. - Thanks! As a matter of fact in Gulf Shores we almost couldn't run it out!
I did however clip a retread on the interstate and broke off the rear stabilizer motor. What should be $125 motor appears to be $300. After reading the many issues these have on the forum I'm wondering about just going with manual jacks? What have your experiences been?

'Stabilizers' don't stabilize very well. they do not hold any weight either. I put in the front a set of 'Sav-a-Jac' brackets and added scissor jacks to the front (just behind the stabilizers). This will hold up the weight of the front and relieve some pressure weight off of the jack. Just this year I put some scissor jacks on the back.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #200

Thanks, I'll look those up

Tags
air conditioner, modifications, outdoor kitchen, outdoor tv, television