Old 01-14-2018, 07:05 PM   #441
I go RV'ing not Camping

How is everyone doing these days?

I havenít been around the site much as this year camping wise was a total bust. I had open heart surgery in May and so I couldnít lift anything for three months and I certainly couldnít hook up the trailer so we only went for 3 days in September.

I am looking forward to this summer and getting back in the swing of things.

Suffice to say my trailer is ready to go and doesnít need any work that I know of yet. Lol

Although I have a battery drain issue that I discovered as I was winterizing it. I had it sitting overnight unplugged and in the morning the battery was dead. I had previously cut the wire for the fridge door heater, but I donít think that was the only draw.

Anyone else have that same problem?

1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:39 PM   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
How is everyone doing these days?

I havenít been around the site much as this year camping wise was a total bust. I had open heart surgery in May and so I couldnít lift anything for three months and I certainly couldnít hook up the trailer so we only went for 3 days in September.

I am looking forward to this summer and getting back in the swing of things.

Suffice to say my trailer is ready to go and doesnít need any work that I know of yet. Lol

Although I have a battery drain issue that I discovered as I was winterizing it. I had it sitting overnight unplugged and in the morning the battery was dead. I had previously cut the wire for the fridge door heater, but I donít think that was the only draw.

Anyone else have that same problem?
I put mine in storage for 2 1/2 - 3 months every summer. Batteries never go lower than 12.9. Remember, the battery cut-off switch provided in the coach is next to worthless. There is a lot of things that continue to draw. For winter storage, best to pull the batteries and keep them charged. 2nd best is to install a real cutoff switch at the batteries and shut everything off.

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:45 PM   #443
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I put mine in storage for 2 1/2 - 3 months every summer. Batteries never go lower than 12.9. Remember, the battery cut-off switch provided in the coach is next to worthless. There is a lot of things that continue to draw. For winter storage, best to pull the batteries and keep them charged. 2nd best is to install a real cutoff switch at the batteries and shut everything off.
I definitely pull them and put them on a battery tender all winter. I was just surprised to see the battery dead just sitting there unplugged overnight. I almost always have the trailer plugged in, this was the first time I had it unplugged for an extended time.

Does anyone have a list of the biggest offenders of battery draw?
Old 01-15-2018, 03:23 PM   #444

Following up on the AC issues. It does appear that Dometric put out some bad ones.
1st year we didn’t have any issues then this year it just ran nonstop which caused icing issues. Took it to the dealer and Dometric replaced it free of charge. Apparently there is two year warranty on the AC. So if anyone else is having issues might be wise to take it in while it’s still under their warranty.... it’s going to be a while till we can see how it cools. 2 degrees tonight LOL
Oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:32 AM   #445

Same issue with our 2015 312qbud. Haven't tracked down all the power draws as of yet but it's equipped with solar panels and the batteries come out in the winter anyway. Minus 40 Celsius at times up here in saskatchewan winters. I do know the linc router and control box was a big power draw
branpar83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:55 AM   #446
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by branpar83 View Post
Same issue with our 2015 312qbud. Haven't tracked down all the power draws as of yet but it's equipped with solar panels and the batteries come out in the winter anyway. Minus 40 Celsius at times up here in saskatchewan winters. I do know the linc router and control box was a big power draw
I didn’t know the router was 12 volt powered but that would make total sense if it was, and it being a big power draw.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:01 AM   #447

Definitely 12v otherwise it would only work on shore power
atcbrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:19 PM   #448

Does anyone know where the water heater bypass valve is located in the 312QBUD? I'm having issues getting hot water...think the valves are set to closed
TIA
Garza_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:43 AM   #449
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza_M View Post
Does anyone know where the water heater bypass valve is located in the 312QBUD? I'm having issues getting hot water...think the valves are set to closed
TIA
Mine is located below my stove. There is a circle heater vent in the same panel you just take the 4 screws out and the bypass is right there.

Hope that helps,
Old 02-13-2018, 01:01 AM   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
Mine is located below my stove. There is a circle heater vent in the same panel you just take the 4 screws out and the bypass is right there.

Hope that helps,
I'll investigate my rig. I'm hoping it's there because cold showers are not very fun for anyone. Thanks for the info I'll circle back with the results.

-Matt

Garza_M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, modifications, outdoor kitchen, outdoor tv, television