Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2016, 07:09 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
2 5/16th ball is what you are looking for. I would suggest one with a 14,000lb capacity or larger.

The 10,000lbs capacity balls are a little to close to the max weight of the trailer for my liking.

I have the 14,000lbs equalizer ball.

Hope that helps

Thanks! Will be purchasing in a month or so and am looking at picking up some of the necessities here and there.
esloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:29 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab 5 View Post
Thanks, talked to my dealer they recommend not installing one because they said it is hard to verify if the bracing was installed.

2014 Heritage Glen 312QBUD
2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab
Mine came with a ladder and I am on the roof at least one on every trip. I always sweep off the top of the slide before bringing them in. From what I understand it that the braces are built into all of the unit. If your dealer is hesitant to install, call Forest River about the bracing and locations and any other advise. I believe the braces are there, but before putting screw into the back end.... make sure where 'there' is....

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:46 PM   #143
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcbrownie View Post
I weigh 285 and have had zero issues with the ladder
That's whay I weigh also, for some reason i get nervous everytime I use it...could be I am scared of heights too
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:24 PM   #144

FR MOD of sorts - adding an island that is a stand alone - anyone else try this?

At the dealer we were offered to purchase a stand alone kitchen island, since there is so little counter top and storage in the kitchen of the Wildwood 31KQTBS, theirs was extremely expensive and without cabinets which was one of the reasons I wanted one size 14" wide and 36" long, so we purchased one from Wayfair, 14" wide, 42" long - my question is, has anyone else tried this? Did it work? How do you keep it in place for travel, wheels have stoppers on them but I don't know if this is stable enough. Dealership said it could be put into the u-dinette to travel, or into bedroom. We know it will fit well, my worry is keeping it where it is put during travel. HELP?? SUGGESTIONS??
mchayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:55 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchayes View Post
At the dealer we were offered to purchase a stand alone kitchen island, since there is so little counter top and storage in the kitchen of the Wildwood 31KQTBS, theirs was extremely expensive and without cabinets which was one of the reasons I wanted one size 14" wide and 36" long, so we purchased one from Wayfair, 14" wide, 42" long - my question is, has anyone else tried this? Did it work? How do you keep it in place for travel, wheels have stoppers on them but I don't know if this is stable enough. Dealership said it could be put into the u-dinette to travel, or into bedroom. We know it will fit well, my worry is keeping it where it is put during travel. HELP?? SUGGESTIONS??

Can you turn it over on its side when you travel? How tall is it?
esloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #146
I go RV'ing not Camping

My first thought was there is no way it would fit. Once I realized it has wheels that is a different story. I can only think of a couple places. On its side in the dinette as mentioned or at the front door. Front door seems the best spot to me
Old 04-17-2016, 02:58 PM   #147

it is 36" tall, and we were thinking of adding some extremely well mounted hooks into some wall area or into floor ( so nit sure if even possible) , and using secure tie downs over it or around it to secure it during travel. Since the dealer showed us theirs, I was hoping someone had done this before but so far haven't found anyone who has. May or may not be able to do this.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:01 PM   #148

what we were told, was to keep it towards front of trailer while traveling, for weight reasons, but other than that, I am not sure. I found a round piece that has a hook lower than the level of the round surround, about 5 inches round, looks secure, wouldn't be a hazard while not in use, someone else used it in the floor to secure something they were using, but that's about it so far.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:01 PM   #149

New setup
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1461027683943.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	105385  
Zecrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #150

OK so we just got back from our second trip with the 312. Taking it Wednesday to the dealer for warranty work. Outside speakers decided not to work, bathroom doorknob pulled off. Drawer stop fell into drawer during transport, and where awning meets trailer leaks right down onto outdoor TV mount. Going to use the warranty for what it's worth.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecrom View Post
OK so we just got back from our second trip with the 312. Taking it Wednesday to the dealer for warranty work. Outside speakers decided not to work, bathroom doorknob pulled off. Drawer stop fell into drawer during transport, and where awning meets trailer leaks right down onto outdoor TV mount. Going to use the warranty for what it's worth.

The leak at the awning/trailer.... is it at the 'channel splice'? Very normal/common to leak there.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:19 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
The leak at the awning/trailer.... is it at the 'channel splice'? Very normal/common to leak there.
It may be. Didn't get up top to look but i can see a split in the LED strip under the canopy.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:30 AM   #153
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Thanks goodness for the warranty
Old 04-30-2016, 08:56 PM   #154
I go RV'ing not Camping

Well I spent all day getting the new to me Tow rig setup with my Equalizer hitch.....I think it turned out pretty good....Sure doesn't have the power of the Tundra, but it doesn't owe me anything so I am glad to not have the payment.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:48 PM   #155

Well my DVD player would only take the disc in halfway. Called the dealer and they said to remove the trim ring and pull the unit. There will be two screws on top with a sticker that says remove before installation. So I removed it and what do ya know the factory only removed one screw and left the other. Nothing surprises me anymore.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:52 PM   #156

Well it seems that it doesn't matter who takes the shower we have water come out the front or back of the tub along the lip of it. Anyone else have or had this problem and any solutions?
Old 05-08-2016, 11:43 PM   #157
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Well it seems that it doesn't matter who takes the shower we have water come out the front or back of the tub along the lip of it. Anyone else have or had this problem and any solutions?
Can you give some more details?

I am not quite understanding what is going on with your shower
Old 05-09-2016, 06:05 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
Can you give some more details?

I am not quite understanding what is going on with your shower
Whenever someone takes a shower, the water that is hitting the front or back wall from deflecting off the person, is running across the rim of the tub and out onto the floor. Didn't know if there were any guards or anything to put around the rim of the tub to keep the water in.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:25 AM   #159

Ours is a 2016 & its doing the same thing. What we found is that when the tub was installed the front edge was pressed down onto the stud wall so far that it actually makes that any water that hits it or runs there from the front or back walls runs out onto the floor. It should be installed w/ a 5 degree angle back toward the shower. You can pull the screws & tilt it back however we found that when we did so the screw holes were exposed & the tub surround is too tight to get enough tilt. So Im going to let them do it under warranty. For temp use we have been very careful to make sure the curtain wraps the corner & we put a towel in the corner on the edge of the tub to keep it from running out on the wall & floor. Its a hassle but at least were camping & not waiting for a repair...
Oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:45 AM   #160

Speaking of showers... Has anyone tried the 10 gal WH mod yet in their 312?
Oops is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, modifications, outdoor kitchen, outdoor tv, television