Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2016, 10:03 AM   #161
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecrom View Post
Whenever someone takes a shower, the water that is hitting the front or back wall from deflecting off the person, is running across the rim of the tub and out onto the floor. Didn't know if there were any guards or anything to put around the rim of the tub to keep the water in.
I thought that was what you were meaning, but I wasn't quite sure.

I used a version of these and problem solved.

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Shower-T...sh+guard&psc=1
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:07 AM   #162
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oops View Post
Speaking of showers... Has anyone tried the 10 gal WH mod yet in their 312?
I haven't run out of water having a shower yet on our 6 gallon, but I suppose once my girls get older this could be a potential problem.

The hot water on demand system that some guys are using also seems like a really good idea for our trailers as well.

This is one I will be watching closely
Old 05-09-2016, 10:18 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
I thought that was what you were meaning, but I wasn't quite sure.

I used a version of these and problem solved.

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Shower-T...sh+guard&psc=1
That's what I was looking at for a solution but didn't know if regular tub ones would be too big. Would help with the 2 yr olds splashing too
Zecrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #164
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecrom View Post
That's what I was looking at for a solution but didn't know if regular tub ones would be too big. Would help with the 2 yr olds splashing too
Truth be told they work good, I just haven't found a way to keep them attached. I have used double sided foam and automotive trim adhesive to get them to stay, but in the heat they keep coming off.

I think I might have to go with silicon or maybe pl2000 or something to fix them permanent.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #165

Quote:
I haven't run out of water having a shower yet on our 6 gallon, but I suppose once my girls get older this could be a potential problem.

The hot water on demand system that some guys are using also seems like a really good idea for our trailers as well.

This is one I will be watching closely
Yep, my girls (5 of them) have really long hair & getting the shampoo conditioner etc out is challenging. They are making it work but Im considering investing in it to make it more comfortable for them. I have been looking at the inline systems but we had a 10 gal in our last camper & never ran it out. Ive got some measuring to do... If we can fit it & if I do it Ill certainly post the pics & specs.
Oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:49 PM   #166

Haven't had the problem of running out of water yet. My wife has long think hair and we have run close. My tub on the valve side was broke behind the wall you could barely see it when on the toilet, looks as if they tightened the screw to tight. We make sure the curtain is pulled across real good till they get the new one in.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:51 PM   #167

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1462841447.873716.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	107405

And the front panel was broken

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1462841481.306294.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	107406
Old 05-10-2016, 01:16 AM   #168
I go RV'ing not Camping

Yikes
Old 05-11-2016, 12:00 PM   #169

Outside Kitchen Door

Has anyone had any troubles with the outside kitchen door?? Mine has a bow in it and will not lock properly. If so did the dealer replace it for you or what other options do I have. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1797.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	107537
billyrich33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:06 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrich33 View Post
Has anyone had any troubles with the outside kitchen door?? Mine has a bow in it and will not lock properly. If so did the dealer replace it for you or what other options do I have. Attachment 107537
I have never looked at the door 'bow', but the bottom edge did bind on one side and was out of skew. The screws holding the top/swing edge were coming out. Had to put in larger screws to hold it up.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:07 PM   #171
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Has anyone had any troubles with the outside kitchen door?? Mine has a bow in it and will not lock properly. If so did the dealer replace it for you or what other options do I have. Attachment 107537
Mine just bowed over the winter and broke one of the latches, I actually just spoke with my dealer this morning.

He said get him some pictures and they will get the door replaced.

Hope that helps,

I think we need to put some caulking along the top of the door as I think that is where the water is getting in causing the door to bow, But that is just a guess on my part.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:14 PM   #172

Quote:
Mine just bowed over the winter and broke one of the latches, I actually just spoke with my dealer this morning.

He said get him some pictures and they will get the door replaced.

Hope that helps,

I think we need to put some caulking along the top of the door as I think that is where the water is getting in causing the door to bow, But that is just a guess on my part.
I stored mine in doors for the winter. With that being said there may have been water left in around it. It was in cold storage
billyrich33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:16 PM   #173
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
I stored mine in doors for the winter. With that being said there may have been water left in around it. It was in cold storage
Maybe the water is getting in on the outside of the door, along the metal trim.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:19 PM   #174

Picked up our new 2017 Wildwood Travel Trailer

We picked up our new 2017 Travel Trailer recently from Ohio, drove it back to Colorado. Our walk through went very well, did take most of a full day, we asked our company rep to lub everything really well as we had a long road trip ahead and he did just that, found minor things to be done and he took care of them quickly. We used an online check list to check everything, it is about 7 pages long. We video taped the walk through explanations and things to be done as we went along. Got under the trailer and on top, looked at screws and bolts and all hinges as we were suggested to do. Tried all electrical sockets with a night light, used a flashlight under and around and through awnings, slides and all junctures to fittings for slight holes or spaces as we had read to do, tried every door, we opened, we closed, we repeated, checked for a good solid feel to them, checked walls for any warping using leveler gauge, used leveler on services and windows and sinks and all things level, checked everything that opened, closed, turned on and was to move or not move. Minor repairs needed, took several hours to finish up or redo, but nothing mind boggling. Added the stabilizer, the extra jacks, the vents on top and a few other things to take care of our new baby - After so many stories of so many MAJOR things wrong when picking up a new unit we were a bit concerned, so very very thoroughly checked everything out, knock on wood, it's minor details to do along the way and fun upgrade MODS ahead only. We traveled to dealership next t where they are built also and found it to be a very good experience. **With leveler, we found our kitchen counter has a slight but noticeable warp to it, they ordered us a new one and when it arrives, will be replaced, we were so very happy and pleased with the minor things found and fixed quickly without hassles. And as any homeowner knows, there are things to do on any thing you purchase. I will make a side note here - on one online site it was recommended to have a good tip for your company representative doing the walk through, and right after when list is handed to them to complete your repairs, and we did and I do believe that full day of extra work on our behalf was good for all of us. We first stayed a few nights in Ohio, close to dealership to check everything out, even baked in the stove - learned everything burns unless you use a pizza stone I heard - still figuring that out, used range top and elec. frying pan mostly. We had heard the tubs with glass doors tend to leak, many are having that problem and I don't think that is perfected yet, we choose curtain and ours did great. So after staying and trying out every detail - twice and three times - we traveled towards Colorado - staying three more nights along the way. We are happy happy campers for sure and LOVE OUR WILDWOOD!!! Like any house walkthrough - be very very diligent in inspecting everything - same applies and be prepared for a few things to do to get it up to snuff!!
mchayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:47 PM   #175
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchayes View Post
We picked up our new 2017 Travel Trailer recently from Ohio, drove it back to Colorado. Our walk through went very well, did take most of a full day, we asked our company rep to lub everything really well as we had a long road trip ahead and he did just that, found minor things to be done and he took care of them quickly. We used an online check list to check everything, it is about 7 pages long. We video taped the walk through explanations and things to be done as we went along. Got under the trailer and on top, looked at screws and bolts and all hinges as we were suggested to do. Tried all electrical sockets with a night light, used a flashlight under and around and through awnings, slides and all junctures to fittings for slight holes or spaces as we had read to do, tried every door, we opened, we closed, we repeated, checked for a good solid feel to them, checked walls for any warping using leveler gauge, used leveler on services and windows and sinks and all things level, checked everything that opened, closed, turned on and was to move or not move. Minor repairs needed, took several hours to finish up or redo, but nothing mind boggling. Added the stabilizer, the extra jacks, the vents on top and a few other things to take care of our new baby - After so many stories of so many MAJOR things wrong when picking up a new unit we were a bit concerned, so very very thoroughly checked everything out, knock on wood, it's minor details to do along the way and fun upgrade MODS ahead only. We traveled to dealership next t where they are built also and found it to be a very good experience. **With leveler, we found our kitchen counter has a slight but noticeable warp to it, they ordered us a new one and when it arrives, will be replaced, we were so very happy and pleased with the minor things found and fixed quickly without hassles. And as any homeowner knows, there are things to do on any thing you purchase. I will make a side note here - on one online site it was recommended to have a good tip for your company representative doing the walk through, and right after when list is handed to them to complete your repairs, and we did and I do believe that full day of extra work on our behalf was good for all of us. We first stayed a few nights in Ohio, close to dealership to check everything out, even baked in the stove - learned everything burns unless you use a pizza stone I heard - still figuring that out, used range top and elec. frying pan mostly. We had heard the tubs with glass doors tend to leak, many are having that problem and I don't think that is perfected yet, we choose curtain and ours did great. So after staying and trying out every detail - twice and three times - we traveled towards Colorado - staying three more nights along the way. We are happy happy campers for sure and LOVE OUR WILDWOOD!!! Like any house walkthrough - be very very diligent in inspecting everything - same applies and be prepared for a few things to do to get it up to snuff!!
Sounds like you did everything correctly. You should be good to go for plenty of enjoyment
Old 05-20-2016, 09:34 PM   #176

I have the outside kitchen door bow as well. I bought a new 2015 model and have a couple other small issue that I plan to call warranty on.
Salem312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:00 AM   #177
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem312 View Post
I have the outside kitchen door bow as well. I bought a new 2015 model and have a couple other small issue that I plan to call warranty on.
Looks like a few of us are suffering from the same thing. So let's figure out the cause so we can prevent the door from warping in the future
Old 05-22-2016, 10:27 PM   #178

My vibe 308bhs outside kitchen door is bowed along with the bathroom doors (both inside door and exterior door).

Something has been tweaked somehow.

If you guys come up with a solution or more info concerning the warranty claim, please post it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:58 PM   #179
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Question for the fellow Qbud owners. I have noticed while towing the trailer that the drivers side fender is vibrating pretty heavily in the wind. On the passenger side there is a metal support brace connected to the frame to support the fender but on my unit on the drivers side there is nothing because the fender is part of the slide.

Has anyone else noticed the same problem?? or rather do your rigs have some kind of support??
Just a follow up to this discussion from last year...I had a closer look at my fender last night as I was de-winterizing and I noticed that I have a metal support bracket there, but they missed the bracket with the screw (LOL) so I backed the screw out and drilled it into the metal brace..it seems alot more sturdier now, than before, but I imagine will still flop a little bit in the wind.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:08 PM   #180

I had to reposition my bracket as well. The bracket had come off the screw, so I put it back on and seems to work decent enough.
Smokeeater323 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, modifications, outdoor kitchen, outdoor tv, television