Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #1

5 slide bunk house with outside kitchen

Hi all,

My wife and I are looking for a new fifth wheel. We currently have a 2012 keystone Laredo 335 tg. Over this past year we became seasonal campers. We would like the new camper to have a washer and dryer. Other specs we would like to see include 5 slides with a full out side kitchen including a sink. Also 6 point leveling we have looked at the Columbus 385bh online but are disappointed that it doesn't have a sink. If any one knows of another 5 slide unit out there please let me know. Thank you for the help!
Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #2

Go to forest river RV and look at the Sandpiper 365SAQ. Similar to the Columbus floor plan but has an option for Outdoor kitchen and in the drawing for floor plan it looks like a sink is included.
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #3

Thank for the info. We did look at one of those this past weekend. It was nice but the lack of the 5th slide in the kitchen made the counter space very small and you can't option out for the 6 point level
Old 08-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums!

If you're seasonal campers, why would a self-leveling option be a must?

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #5

I haven't been able to get our current trailer to stop moving when kids are running around etc I have tried just about everything I can think of. We do move to other camp sites about 4 times a year holidays etc not much
Old 08-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo
I haven't been able to get our current trailer to stop moving when kids are running around etc I have tried just about everything I can think of. We do move to other camp sites about 4 times a year holidays etc not much
You need stabilizers such as ball or steady fast. Or as I did made my own.
Look in my profile pics.
Eliminated 90 % of movement
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #7

Thanks I will check out
Old 08-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #8

I have the 365 saq. It's great with kids. It does rock a lot with kids. How do you stabilize it?
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Thank for the info. We did look at one of those this past weekend. It was nice but the lack of the 5th slide in the kitchen made the counter space very small and you can't option out for the 6 point level
We looked at the Sabre 36qbok, the sandpiper and the columbus. We went with the columbus. There is no sink in the outdoor kitchen, but that just gave us more counterspace out there. Plus there is a water source on the other side of the back door that doesn't seem to be mentioned in the specs anywhere.

We are seasonals as well. We have found that we are levelling quite a bit as the rain causes the trailer to settle even more. Plus, like you, we do pull out once in a while!
Cflmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:57 AM   #10

I did see that blue hose in a drawer I think having water out there would be enough. Do you have any pics or details on how that works as I can't find anything online
Old 08-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #11

Quote:
I did see that blue hose in a drawer I think having water out there would be enough. Do you have any pics or details on how that works as I can't find anything online
We don't actually have our 385 yet. In week five of waiting for it! But there is another one just down the road from usand the owners were nice enough to show us around! In fact, that was what finally convinced DH to order one!
Anyhow, when they showed us around....they showed us the water connection. From what I saw, tfe blue hose just pushed into the connection, some kind of pressure fitting. When you are done, it just pulls out. Only cold water, but good enough to fill the icemaker or spray off the kids feet (more convenient then the outside shower on the other side).
Hope that helps. Maybe someone who has used this connection could provide more details. The sandpiper has the same thing on it.
Janet
Cflmom is offline   Reply With Quote