Old 11-15-2015, 01:57 PM   #11
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Tow mirrors

Retract towing mirrors......
After a trip, the next morning on my way to work, I passed someone who was turning left.....she had her mirrors out....she began her turn from the left turn lane by drifting right as I passed. Just enough that we met....by a 1/4"....... Now I have 14 years bad luck as both our mirrors broke.

A Loving wife and Mason the always dirty dog!
Paulie1138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:21 PM   #12

Secure stove vent, they tend to blow away if not secured.
Open roof vents if covered w/ Maxi air or the like. In summer months holds down heat build up.
We close blinds and shades when traveling, feel it adds security if you stop and leave it unattended to eat or at rest area.
We also secure recliner.
Make sure area is picked up prior retracting slides, our pup likes to hide things behind the lip of the slide. Very healpful when putting out slides!

Days camped in FR, 2011 = 20, 2012 = 57, 2013 = 59
... 2014 = 39, 2015 = 52, 2016 = 77, 2017 = 81
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:23 AM   #13

Pretty much covers what we do, but we each do a separate walk around at different times just to make sure we did not miss something. One time I locked the door but forgot to set the step handle back against the trailer. She caught it on her walk around.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja View Post
This is a great list - I just took possession of my first rv of any sort and have been jotting down notes to try to form a checklist. Drove home last week from the dealer annoyed that I could not see my friend's car following us. Halfway home (just under 100 miles) my co-pilot asked if my mirrors don't extend. I will add that to this great list. Thanks again!
Your welcome! All you need to do is cut and paste the list, then you can modify it any way you want. I made the list for my 5er but it is pretty much generic, many things apply to most trailers.

Some trucks do extend but not all. Mine don't so for around 30 bucks I bought a mirror that attaches to my existing one, It sticks out about a foot past the original. I have found it handy so I leave it on.

It is nice to see who or what is behind you and can come in very handy when backing up.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by satdog01 View Post
Secure stove vent, they tend to blow away if not secured.
Open roof vents if covered w/ Maxi air or the like. In summer months holds down heat build up.
We close blinds and shades when traveling, feel it adds security if you stop and leave it unattended to eat or at rest area.
We also secure recliner.
Make sure area is picked up prior retracting slides, our pup likes to hide things behind the lip of the slide. Very healpful when putting out slides!
Thank you, I did miss the stove vent. It is now added to my list.

As for the blinds and such, I take care of that when I put things away inside. There is never anything left out for someone to see The one exception is the living room tv. It is a real pain to take down and put back so just leave it in place.

Jim
Old 11-16-2015, 10:14 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasqms View Post
Pretty much covers what we do, but we each do a separate walk around at different times just to make sure we did not miss something. One time I locked the door but forgot to set the step handle back against the trailer. She caught it on her walk around.
My dog does a couple of separate run arounds but she never tells me much.

Jim

Tags
5er