Old 07-25-2015, 09:45 PM   #11
We love our Heritage Glen!! The quality is outstanding! They have several floor plans!

seicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:38 AM   #12
Love RVing
As mentioned above, worth looking at pre owned units. We purchased a 2013 36CKTS at a dealer in Myrtle Beach Memorial Day weekend for about 1/2 List of similar 2015.
Traded in 2006 34CKTS that we had modified for personal preferences and hauled 80k miles around this beautiful country. This week makes six excursions and we like it more each trip. We almost got the Silverback, I like the vaulted slides eliminating slide Floppers in high winds when traveling out west.

burse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:31 AM   #13
We recently acquired a 2011 Crusader 320 rlt, and are on our third voyage, a week long trip to Cape Cod. Went straight from tent to 5er. Aside from the typical "shake down" problems we love it, especially when it rains. I found the 5er easier to tow than my old 21' boat. I think the trick is to get a big TV. Mine's a F-350, Super Duty, V10 gas. Truck weighs in at 8,000 lbs. Crusader about 11,500 lbs. Trucks max towing capacity is 2300 lbs. ,so truck can handle the 5er with ease. Ideal for the Crusader is 4 adults. Lots of space. We've done time share studios that felt more crowded. Check out the form. It's a great source of info, especially when you get to the: "what the...." discovery phase.
rovinglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:50 AM   #14

Cedar Creek 38RD has an awesome outdoor kitchen. Frige, microwave, sink & detachable stove!
Rollingdunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:39 AM   #15
Originally Posted by bagged123 View Post
After looking at the cedar creek and the silverback, they look almost the same, what are the differences in those two?

I'm looking to get some real world feedback/reviews from owners of any of these rigs. I know each one is different in its own way, and they each of pros and cons, but some real world current owners feedback would be helpful.

There are several major difference between the two that are not readily apparent until you go through them.

One is the basement storage area: The Cedar Creek ha a flat floor were as the Silverback has a raised floor. The CC has a 100 CU FT more storage space than the Silverback does.

Water heater, the CC has a 12 gallon versus a 10 gallon for the Silverback.

The CC has a two hanging clothes bags in the wall closet in the bedroom that is on the bathroom common wall. MY DW likes this, she also stores her IRON in this wall closet with outlet plug.

The slides are different; the Silverback has an arch roof where the CC has flat roof. I prefer the flat roof because I like the slide toppers in keeping water and debris off of the roof along with a cooler slide roof in the summer heat.

The Silverbacks units have a lower GVWR then the Cedar Creek units of the same size units; Why?

I am not totally sure but I think the 18 cu-ft residential refrigerator is standard in the CC trailer.

The Cedar Creek has day/night shades that roll up versus the pleated shades in the Silverback trailers. Similar to the MCD shades that you see in motor homes. The DW did not want the pleated shades because they let in pinholes of light in the early morning hours with the sun rising.

We looked at both an came to the conclusion that the Cedar Creek 5th wheel was a better buy for our needs.

Jim W.
2016 34RL CC; 2008 Ram Mega Cab 2500HD, 6.7L, 68RFE 6 speed, 4X4, Smarty S67
Jim34RL is offline   Reply With Quote