Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2019, 12:32 AM   #1

About to use new RV

Hey Gang,

Using our new Geo Pro for first time next week. The RV came winterized from dealer but has since had water added during PDI check and walkthrough. I noticed there was still 'pink' coming from taps...

Question is.. since I'm unable to hook up to water at home (RV is stored at a facility) do I just need to run the water through all the lines/faucets until clear and ready to drink/cook/brush teeth etc once I get to the campground?
Should I add anything to further rinse??

I'm pretty sure most modern day RV antifreeze is non toxic but I've read blogs that say otherwise.

Any advice or pointers out there?
GeoPro Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:46 AM   #2

Yes you need to flush it through the system. You should also sanitize the water system once or twice a year.
I pour about a cup of plain chlorine bleach into the water tank and then fill tank completely with water. Run some through the water system and let it sit for maybe four hours. Drain the water tank and do a quick full and flush of everything. Fill your tank with water and go.
MtBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:59 AM   #3

Make your way to a full hookup. Makes it easy.

Add sanitizer. Flush the tank twice. Should be done once or twice a year.

We carry two gallons of water that we freeze. One in the fridge, one in the freezer to get the fridge going.

We use those for drinking water the next few days.

We prefer not to drink the rv water. No issues. We use it to cook and brush teeth etc. Just pickey about our water and coffee.

The pink stuff is not good for you. A little is no big deal.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:45 AM   #4

I would not open the water heater bypass valves until after you flush it out.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:15 AM   #5
Site Team

You need to determine if there is antifreeze in the FW tank.
Connect to city water and run all taps until clear. Then disconnect and run water from the FW tank via the pump. If you get more pink, then you will need to flush the FW tank several times. If the pink is just in the lines, once it is gone it is gone. Don't forget the outside shower. Even though you may not use it, there may be some pink in the lines that will eventually get into the system. The above may be a little harder to do if you can not bring to someplace where you have water access.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #6

When I was first starting to RV, I would spend the first 2 nights in a fhu. That way I had plenty time to dewinterize , sanitize and get everything right by following my checklist. I got bottled water for drinking and cooking back then. I still do but bottle the water at home since I have a filter.
Camping
2017- 27 days,2018- 100 days, 2019- 35 days
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote