Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
Infractee

Adjusting Lippert slides?

Has anybody adjusted their Lippert slide so that it would not rest on the floor of camper while it is in? I have read it mentioned somewhere that it can be adjusted for the tilt as well which I am thinking would keep it from laying on floor. Just noticed 2 gray marks on "wood" floor from plastic on each end of slide bottom. Also notice scratches on wood, looked underneath and found the screws used to hold down straps for table and chairs had penetrated wood floor and were sticking out, some as much as an 1/8". Removed all the screws and installed shorter ones but I am still concerned about slide resting on floor.
The slide is the standard type with the two bars with teeth underneath riding on the gears. At the ends of rods there is a screw that would appear to be there for adjustments. Anybody given this a shot? Do not want to take in for warranty if I can help it.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:57 AM   #2

If you go to Lippert web site you can get the manual of your slide and all adjustments and how to on your slide. I had to do that after dealer messed my slide up I had to readjust my whole slide so it would operate properly. There is vertical, horizontal, side to side, in and out adjustments just download the manual from there web site.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

You can adjust that by changing the vertical height as noted in the manual, though you'll effect the sealing at the top of the slide room either inside or out. You can try to find a happy medium between the two.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
Infractee

Thanks for the replies! I will try to figure out which slide I have and download the manual and start the rig process, see if I can make it better.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out