Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2019, 06:50 AM   #1

Any experience with Roadmaster 3610 Active Suspension?

Considering adding these to our Ram 3500 SRW before a cross-country trip this fall. I guess my biggest question is are there any safety benefits from using these. My suspension is stock and I don't have the overload springs.
psikora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:59 AM   #2

don't know about safety benefits, I have it on my GMC 1500, and it helped a lot with the porpoising i was experiencing on the rough roads, you probably wouldn't have that with your 3500. also stiffened it up somewhat over the factory soft shocks
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:30 AM   #3

Next purchase

I am about to add those to my 14 Silverado. Probably next week. I have high hopes and understanding that it will reduce the side wobble from 18 wheelers passing me on the highway and reduce the compression of the bed when hooking up my 5th wheel.
56barelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:52 AM   #4

Just be advised if you tighten to the max (black disk) it will raise the rear of the truck about 1and 1/2 inch when unloaded, we'll it did on my 1500, it does help a lot with passing 18 wheelers
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:27 PM   #5

I have them on my F-150 and love them. Daily driving they really stop body roll and with a load in the bed you can’t even tell it’s back there. It’s one of the best things I added to my truck.
kurtsont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:51 PM   #6
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtsont View Post
I have them on my F-150 and love them. Daily driving they really stop body roll and with a load in the bed you can’t even tell it’s back there. It’s one of the best things I added to my truck.
This^^^^^ I added them before making a cross country trip two weeks ago. My truck has 1,900lb payload and I used all of it - loaded up in the back plus my TT. I would make the Roadmaster investment again tomorrow.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by psikora View Post
Considering adding these to our Ram 3500 SRW before a cross-country trip this fall. I guess my biggest question is are there any safety benefits from using these. My suspension is stock and I don't have the overload springs.
We left Ontario on a road trip pulling out Columbus a road trip south. Although the tru k handled the weight ok I found the truck bounced to much when we came off of bridges an bumps. I put a set on my 2009 2500HD and found a huge difference. To the point of my wife commenting after we came off our second bridge. Myself I think they are fantastic
Columbus340RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:22 AM   #8

Thanks, all! Still need to weigh on this before outlaying for the HD version. Not sure I'm aware of all the symptoms they may mitigate, other than bed compression. Although I'm remembering the first time I added a remote reservoir rear shock to my bike at the time and going over that bump on my daily commute that used to jar my lower (two herniated discs spine) back and not noticing it.
psikora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension