Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2016, 07:33 PM   #1

Any Riverstone owners out there?

My wife and I signed the papers on the 15th for a 38FB. Have yet to bring it
home as my 2012 Siverado's IBC is not compatible with the Dexter E/H actuator. The dealer is trying to find a fix as I'm determined not to install an after market controller since the IBC was on my must have list when we went looking for a different truck. We are looking forward to using this very nice unit.
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:33 AM   #2

Congrats and good luck also keep us posted as we are looking at a River Stone also, looks like a great rig.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:49 PM   #3

Still no Riverstone owners out there? The wife and I are on a three week vacation with ours right now and will be going full time in December. Has been a great unit so far. We had a few issues after purchasing this but, Jeff and Jay at Riverstone took great care of us and have had no further problems. We really love this unit!
Old 07-06-2016, 06:51 PM   #4

doesn't solve your problem, but the Ford brake controller can be set for either electric or electric/hydraulic. Most will never need it, but nice to know it's there.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:11 AM   #5

Riverstone is at the top of our list and likely our ultimate choice, so I am interested in this thread. Looking to purchase at the end of this or the beginning of next year.
Hermes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:25 PM   #6

We will be one soon ! Just purchased one at the Hershey show. We are first timers . Also the Riverstone legacy in the 38FB . Expecting it in mid Nov/Dec. very exciting ! How's your experience going with it? I joined the forums to learn what people are saying all about their rigs before taking the leap. We looked for 3 years til we fell in love with this one. We can't wait til next spring to start vacationing in it. For now it will be stored in our yard.
BlueStarMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:54 PM   #7

We just got our River Stone Legacy just before the FROG Rally this past summer and it has been great. Have to agree about Jay & Jeff at the factory great guys with also a great staff, also kudos to Dymon as he helped us with our purchase. Had a slight issue leaving the rally with a slide gasket and Jay met us at the factory on a Sat. his day off to fix it before we headed home and was not satisfied until he checked the other slide and ended up replacing both seals just because he did not like the way they were acting and coming loose. We have used it all but 2 weeks since July and no other issues, good luck on your purchase Keystone seems very good to work with and even said they will do warranty work for us even if we did buy from them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016072895110257.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	123134  
Old 12-25-2016, 06:29 PM   #8

We are seriously considering the Riverstone as well and have been to see them twice at Jeff Couch. I do want to see the front kitchen model which will arrive late January. Any issues, from those of you with Riverstones, we need to know about? On demand hit water work ok? Do you have the heater or fireplace in the bedroom? How convenient is the waste management system? Do the disc brakes work as advertised? Overall impressions and assesment? We are comparing with a Heartland Landmark & DRV. Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!
speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 09:50 PM   #9

First off, love our Riverstone. The water heater works great overall but not so great for the clothes washer when set on warm. By the time the heater cycles to start making hot water and it gets to the washer, the washer is no longer calling for hot water so most washes are done on a luke warm.

As for the heater in the bedroom, we have a Cadet electric heater. Does a good job adding heat to the room when the heat pump is running in the living room.

Wast management is okay, as long as the sewer tap is within ~15 feet of the coach's outlet.

Disk brakes are, well, awesome. This is the first trailer I have owned that had disk brakes and I will not own another one without them.

We have had a few minor problems when we purchased the unit in April, but Jeff and Jay at Riverstone took good care of us and we have been very pleased with the coach.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:28 PM   #10

Easy fix to get the disc brakes to work. Some trucks with IBCs won't work with disc brakes but there are adapters available from E-Trailer and others to take care of the problem easily. Cost is in the $75.00 range. Just give them or any of the disc brake pump suppliers a call. They'll fix you right up.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:43 AM   #11

So far we love our River Stone even if it is in hibernation for a short while right now. No real problems except the slide seals as posted before, the on demand hot water is fine but our valve did stick once, contacted the mfg and I was told how to get it working again and also told they have upgraded the valve, because of this they will send the new one and pay one hour labor rate to install.
Jay & Jeff at the factory are great to work with. Keep in mind the 2 levels of River Stones, the front kitchen model is a River Stone not a Legacy, there are some big differences between the two different lines. Good Luck and the River Stone is a new player in the higher end units available.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:44 PM   #12

Yes, we have looked at both Riverstone and Riverstone Legacy. We like the idea of the front kitchen plan as we are transitioning from a bunk house model and the extra couch/sleeping space in the mid section will still be useful when our son takes friends and we take nephews and niece. We plan on "most timing" in five years but are ready to upgrade now. The sales person we are working with will price a Riverstone with the dics brakes and waste management system added.
Airlift system/on board compressor

Old 12-26-2016, 08:40 PM   #13

That is one beautiful rig! Full timing in that would be a dream. Love that front bath. Be interesting on height though to be sure. We just purchased the cottage 40 crs and you can see the lineage. However, the riverstone is gorgeous. I loved the Landmark overall, but this one is a topper. Great for you guys!!!! We started out with a hitchhiker 29 5er. Older but great quality. Then a coachman 40 foot 5er, great quality. The grand junction next was a beautiful one, but had niggling issues that made me suspect it. Traded that on the cottage which I'm really looking forward to. Once you have started down that path there's hardly any going back. That's a problem! But that riverstone is beautiful for sure.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 04:36 AM   #14

Either River Stone is a excellent choice but floor plans define which one to buy. also as all floor plans are not offered in both lines. Plus watch how many options are added as after so many it might be better to get the Legacy ( price wise) but drawback would be not in the floor plan you want., ran into this when we were looking at the Trilogy line.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:30 PM   #15

Yes, the biggest price difference is the full body paint on the Legacy vs front & back cap paint on the Riversyone. Other difference is Bose sound system and individual waterline shutoffs.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
Yes, the biggest price difference is the full body paint on the Legacy vs front & back cap paint on the Riversyone. Other difference is Bose sound system and individual waterline shutoffs.
Also difference in tires & brakes( which they may option in), furniture and flooring, even a difference in the window valences which the wife had to point out to me
Old 12-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #17

Correct about the differences, including the valances Also I remember a couple of more, the metal wrapped awning and slide covers. By the time I add to the Riverstone those options we want we may as well get the Legacy. The full body paint is the issue. If we are going to trade again in 4-5yrs is it worth the up front cost?
Airlift system/on board compressor

Old 12-29-2016, 12:50 PM   #18

Speedcat, I totally understand about the cost of the paint that will buy a lot of camping, but it sure is pretty!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2017, 06:21 PM   #19

Hi, we looked at the Riverstone today, and agree with y'all it is a very nice coach. We had pretty much made up our minds on a Landmark, but after seeing the Riverstone, we are thinking this one may top our list. We're looking at full time 5th wheels, and this does seem to be a good alternative to the DRV Suites. Have to do some more research though, we just bought a new GMC 3500 HD diesel dually and need to be sure this is not too much camper for it. Looking forward to hearing more about this model. The one we like best is the 39FL. Anyone have one of those yet?
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #20

Well, looks like we are going to pull the trigger on a Landmark Charleston. We love the floor plan and I get to keep my outside kitchen.