Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2015, 06:48 AM   #21

Hi All,

thanks for all the replies.

We winterized the trailer yesterday, which meant finding more poor build quality issues. e.g the outdoor shower hose was squashed between the shower unit and the trailer (easy fix) and the bottom shelf of the pantry has collapsed (hopefully easy fix as this is the alcohol shelf, which may explain why it collapsed )

In answer to some questions about the slide out - I had thought the fuse blew as soon as we tried to bring the slide out in, but I now realise it could be blowing as soon as the slide out is fully out. - and only when using the tablet.

We are storing the trailer at the dealers for the winter so will send them a note requesting the awning is replaced, the slide out fixed and the shade is adjusted. (does anyone know how to adjust the shade's tension?)
Bored Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:49 AM   #22

Comparing 268"s

Seems like I've had a ton of annoying issues with my 268 also. Like you, many minor items I repaired myself. I don't want to have to drag my Vibe to the dealer every time we take it out... then wait two weeks for the dealer to make repairs and order parts!

Some items though require "that trip" and it sounds like yours is no exception! You shouldn't have to put up with the slide issue or the awning or any discrepancies for the first year! That even includes trim! It's brand new for crying out loud and it sounds to me like your dealer is trying to blow you off with bad advice and repair excuses!

Mine is in the shop right now for the second time getting a 3 page list of items repaired. Most are minor, but some are just bad engineering!

On the the slide out... After many months of inquiring, Vibe doesn't supply the customer with the manual crank. The cheapo crank the dealers store offered would not even fit inside the access hole in the skirt to get to the crank fitting... so I ended up buying a high dollar one from another source... But that's only the beginning of the story... the access hole isn't even close to the crank fitting! it's at least 5" away and in another section of skirt! The same crank is also supposed to manually extend/retract the stabilizers. Yeah... try that one! there's no way a crank will fit on the front because the skirt hangs lower than the fitting (needs an access hole), and you better have an extra long crank handle for the rear cause the handle will interfere with that skirt also!

You said in your post that it pops the breaker? How did you get the slide in or out on your TT

I've had battery issues too... but found out after the fact there are things still operating when you thought you had everything off (ex. gas detector, etc), so you need to know how to manually extend/retract all those luxury items (includes tongue jack) and actually do it from time to time. A battery shutoff switch may help, but not when Murphy knocks on your door

Visiting the showroom when I dropped my Vibe off for service and looking at the floor model, I noticed the outside kitchen refrigerator sitting on a carpeted platform to raise it up so the door would open. Like you, mine is trouble too. I asked about the raised platform and nobody could give me an answer. The dealer's service rep said he would look into it for me while he has my TT for two weeks. Out of experience, I won't hold my breath!

Please understand... We love our 268! it pulls well and we like the layout! We've been on many trips with it since we got it this April. We are adding an A/C unit to the bedroom this dealer visit and have a few trips planned as well Watch... just as everything is perfect with it and we upgrade to a 5er... just so we can do it all over again!

Good luck with your TT and please keep us informed on your issues!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:17 AM   #23

Hi Mewcasa

When I had the battery go flat I used booster cables from the truck to operate the electrical "stuff"

And it is only the tablet that has a blown fuse, the regular switch still works.

We were able to get the stabilizer crank handle and slide out crank handle thrown in. Based on your comments I should probably see if they do actually work.
Bored Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:45 AM   #24

Just plugging the wiring harness to my TV worked my TT electrical (tongue jack) DC components when the battery was dead... Found that out by accident cause I was getting out the crank (came w/ trailer) and thought I'd give it another go with the switch.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:18 AM   #25
Alleged curmudgeon

adjusting shade tension...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored Engineer View Post
Hi All,

...We are storing the trailer at the dealers for the winter so will send them a note requesting the awning is replaced, the slide out fixed and the shade is adjusted. (does anyone know how to adjust the shade's tension?)
We discussed the "de-stressing" or loosening of the strings on the day/night shades in a previous thread found here:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...s-64641-2.html

See posts #14 through 16 of that thread. While the thread spoke of "destressing" shades (to make them work easier), the same considerations apply in reverse for increasing the shade's tension. "Tightening" the shades so they stay up better requires that you shorten/tighten the cord/string (to take up more slack), while loosening (so the shades work easier) requires that the strings be lengthened/loosened (i.e., that the slack be increased). Minor adjustments did the trick for me.
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35); 2017 (34); 2018 (39); 2019 (30); 2020 (16); 2021 (14); 2022 to date (12)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote