Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
RAC

ARGHHHH *&^%$%^ I got a leak!

So I'm sitting at work this morning when the lovely bride calls and says, "Honey, there's water all over the bathroom and moving toward the girl's bunk area". Last night we had the most wicked thunderstorm I think I have ever seen in my life. So she says it looks like it's coming from the bottom of the toilet. Of course now I'm sitting at my desk rolling my eyes, wondering how water comes up from the botom of the outside of the trailer. Anyway, I have her check the window. Fine. Vent. Fine. So now I'm wondering if maybe it leaked at the elctrical connection or the outdoor shower.......guess it's on the roof tonight when I get home. *sigh*. So the lovely bride is now sucking up water with the ole wet/dry vac and turning on the fans to dry her out. Should be a fun weekend, and a caulking party as well.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:15 AM   #2

Thats not good, coming from under the toilet. Your Black tank isn't full is it? stupid question. It could just be gathering there because it is a low spot.
On the hunt for a new travel trailer
wvsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:20 AM   #3
RAC

no, all tanks are empty.....the water gathered there, I actually suspect either a bad window seal or perhaps even a seam on the roof. She said that, because it's where the water was. I don't think she thought that water actually traveled.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:27 AM   #4

I found a small leak on mine a couple of weeks ago along the front window. Shot water directly around the window, no leak. Shot water along the front seam of the roof and found the leak. I have some RV roof sealant so I let it dry and got up there and re-sealed every seam up there plus along the windows. After letting it dry, i shot water on it again. No leak now but I will be keeping a close watch on it after every rain now.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
RAC

Yeah Kim, I think I'm gonna spend some time with my marine grade caulk this weekend "shoring" up all the seams. Hopefully the humidity won't be too bad today, and between the wet/dry and some fans the carpet will dry out before it starts to mildew.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:16 PM   #6

I had a similar experience last week. water puddled around the base of the toilet twice. but hasnt done it since. only difference I didn't have a big rain storm.
2006 Cherokee 27L (Very Proud Owner) R.V. #8 since 1983
2000 Chevrolet C2500 Classic , 217+ rounds on the clock and still ticking
2004 Chevrolet K2500HD Crew 6.0L
2007 Yamaha 125 Vino (100MPG)
0627L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:27 PM   #7
RAC

Upon further inspection.......it looks like the bedroom slide leaked. I check the white seal all the way around and it looks good. no obstructions to break the seal, peering under the bed, on the right hand side I could see daylight at the bottom righ hand corner where the black gasket along the bottom meets with the floppy white gasket along the rear side. any suggestions to make sure this thing flops back and forth as it should?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredArmyCWO View Post
Upon further inspection.......it looks like the bedroom slide leaked. I check the white seal all the way around and it looks good. no obstructions to break the seal, peering under the bed, on the right hand side I could see daylight at the bottom righ hand corner where the black gasket along the bottom meets with the floppy white gasket along the rear side. any suggestions to make sure this thing flops back and forth as it should?
It might not be your gasket but the bottom part of your slide on the outside. I finally found that that's where I had a leak coming from. Check that also.

JR
J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:54 AM   #9
RAC

fix?