Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #1

At some point, you start to wonder...

Well, we've had our PT Tracer for about 6 weeks give or take and it's back at Camping World again. Granted, part of the reason is that they did not fulfill their tasks from last time but considering the items on the punch list and the new issues, I'm starting to wonder if we bought a lemon.

Some small things are understandable and of course there is the wear and tear issues and who knows what happened to it before we bought it (used) which is the point of a thorough going over and negotiating those items into our "deal" with CW. However, this weekend (which can only be called the weekend from *&^*) the main power jack went out as well as the discovery of a very wet floor in the bedroom and under the bed area where the storage is. We tried our best to figure out where it's coming from; it's not the first time I've seen it, but it was much less the first time, this time it was too much to write off.

This is making me tired and I'm starting to wonder about our purchase. Thank God for extended warranties ~ hoping they figure it all out soon as this begins week three of their having our camper to work on.....
Old 11-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #2

Good luck on the repair. My guess is CW had no idea there was a water leak. Someone traded it in because of that and of course would not disclose it unless it was noticeable from someone looking at it. When I traded my camper in a few months ago the sales guy walked inside for about 3 minutes and was feeling for soft floors as he walked around. There could have even substantial behind the wall damage that he would have missed. Buying used IMO on a camper is very risky.
cecilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #3

Agreed, we def made sure to get a good warranty!