Old 08-16-2016, 12:27 PM   #11
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
so to change a tire should i put blocks under the legs on one side and then extend the jacks to raise that side? DO YOU PUT JACKSTANDS UNDER THE FRAME AND LOWER THE FRAME ON THEM? DO YOU TRUST THE LEVEL-UP LEGS TO HOLD THE TRAILER UP? (a hydraulic leak would cause the jacks to retract just when you didn't want it!) obviously this is being done, but how safe it it?
When I am taking a tire off, yes, I put 3 lynx blocks under that sides jacks to lift high enough and not extend the jack too far. I only use jack stands for safety when I am taking both tires off at the same time. Haven't had a jack leak or drift down in almost 5 years.

Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote