Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2016, 07:43 PM   #1

Axle mis-alignment?

Ok, this post is for a friend who is bringing their new Mobile Suites ( i know not a FROG product) but I thought the collective experience may shed some insight. They traded the Open Range in for the Mobile Suites and were taking it back from FLA to VT. They got about 1k miles to PA and on one axle the tires were BALD! They are in the process of getting new tires from a CW to transport it there and have it checked out.

The questions are:

1. does this sound like mis-alignment of shaft?
2. If so, why was it not found when unit was delivered to dealer in FLA from manufacturer?
3. Could something have happened on the dealer's lot that caused this?

Thank you
2012 Rockwood 2109S (Sold)
2014 Cougar X-Lite 21RBS

wbdvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:03 PM   #2

Maybe something broke. I'd definitely climb under there and see if everything looks okay still. Maybe make a quick center to center measurement and compare sides.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:48 AM   #3

Well, my friends got new tires mounted via Camping World and took unit to a alignment shop and were told that the axle was not aligned properly, had it aligned and are on the road again. I am sure they will be contacting DRV Suites for reimbursement.
2012 Rockwood 2109S (Sold)
2014 Cougar X-Lite 21RBS

wbdvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:59 AM   #4

If they see wear on outside of the tires check the equalizers if they have the rubber puck in them it can do it. I had two different sets that one side would stay more compress. Should wear two tires one front and the opposite rear tire on the outside. Replaced with solid equalizers and no problem. They make a better equalizers that I hadn't seen to fail but I will put shocks and not worry about that leading to a potential blow out. Mine would shread the outside in 300 to 500 miles when they messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment, axle