Old 02-04-2014, 09:06 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
LOL That sounds just like a few situations I've been in too...except the Ron part...

Need some light?
No we can handle it thanks.
Wow! Hey thanks!

What campground was it?
LOL, that's a perfect description of how it went. We were at Circle M in Lancaster, PA.

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #12
I have installed lights on the rear bumper of my old pop up last summer. Went to Autozone and bought a set of lights. Mounted them to the rear bumper. Ran wiring from the lights to the battery box, installed a switch with fuse in the fridge access area. This worked really well and was easy to install. The only thing I would suggest is to spend a little more to get the better lights. I went on the cheap and although this worked will, i would have liked them to be a bit brighter.

whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #13
Back up lights on TT?

I installed LED strips on the bumper tied into the stair light with a remote dimmer. Pic is here:

Rear Camp Lights
Indy Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #14
Use LED fog lights and wire them to the running lights via a switch and fuse. Your running lights will be (afterall, it's dark, right?) then just go out back, look at the supposed path, SWITCH ON THE LIGHTS, and Ba-Baam! you have great backup lights. You could also put a couple more on the sides of your rig so you can see where SP (Special Person) is so you don't run S/Him over (but then, maybe it would be a good excuse).
Brenda and John
'14 Ram 3500 MCSB 6.7L HO PullRite 16K S/G, Grey Columbus 320RS Camped '14 - 146 days/'15 - 196 days
USN-EOD(Ret), Master Chief, 30 yrs,
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #15
Great idea. Seems like there is always some business to take care of on friday before we can leave and we always end up arriving after dark. Backing in and setting up camp in the dark is a pain. My F350 has built in aux switches on the dash just made for this kind of thing. Im going to install lights on all 4 sides of the camper. Maybe some aircraft landing lights.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
2012 Ford Lariat F-350 Super Duty
2014 Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 27 TH
BeeGee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #16
I like lights on the sides too. I have 4 aircraft landing lights that I took off my jeep. They draw a gazillion amps. I'll probably use LEDs.
Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:34 PM   #17
I have installed small 55watt delivering lights just inside of bumper on frame rail and pointing out side slightly. Ran wire directly to junction box where RV cord from bumper comes to. Center plug on trailer cord usually yellow wire is blunt cut in junction box. Most newer tow vehicles (last 16 years) with factory 7 way RV plug have center pin as reverse

pancab is offline   Reply With Quote