Old 04-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
Angry Bent awning arms... How can this be???

So my rig is coming up on 1 year - so off to the dealer to have a laundry list completed while still under warranty. One of the items is to adjust the awning arms AGAIN since they are not seating and hence not closing all the way.

I get the call yesterday that all things are being taken care off or at least have been addressed and are awaiting FR to give approval EXCEPT for the awning arms which are bent and will NOT be covered under FR warranty or Dometic warranty. My only response what a very intelligent, HUH??? How can this be so? We've used the awning a handfull of times and never when the wind is blowing. I then quizzed the dealer on the circumstances of the warranty decision letting him know that this is NOT the first time this awning has been adjusted AND since the rig is NOT even 1 year old I'm pushing back on the dealer and stating that this is a glaring factory problem and I want to speak with FR.

He lies the next problem/frustration - I checked the FR web site for contact info and found none. I search on this forum and got the main number and was redirected 4 times until I got to Jonathan Gust's voice mail (Rockwood Signature UL warranty manager). I left (2) messages yeaterday and (1) today with no return call. Is there anyone else I can speak with?????

Brian, Julia, Matthew (6), Patrick (4)
Ginger (Vizsla #1) & Bandit (Vizsla #2)

2010 Rockwood 8317SS Signature Ultralight
2005 Ford Excursion PSD - MBRP 4" Turbo back - Prodigy P3 - Dual Cam
2Vizslas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
I feel your pain on the No Call Back - Before my trailer was delivered I called the factory and talked with one of the guys and he said he wasnt sure and had to call me back - no soon as I hung up with him 5 minutes later he called back with an answer
the 2nd time I had called the factory I left a message on the ladies voice mail that handles the 2nd year warranty and never got a call back of course I recieved my paperwork the next day so didnt need to call back but still frustrating that some dont call back

someone will post an email address - I have heard emailing them gets a better response - some have posted email address but not sure if they are the right person for you.

If you open up the PDF Brochure - the phone number that I use is on the back of that brochure.
574-389-4600 - I usually go to the operator and get transfered multipele times before I reach someone.

keep one thing in mind - I know you are mad and want to lash out becuase of a stupid dealer - Keep your cool - you will be surprised what you get with Honey.
Have a game plan and state your case including your documentation on when the repairs were made and how many times so he has an understanding of the situation also
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote

awning, bent