Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2015, 08:07 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Learjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 194
My buddy bought from them. Trailer arrived late with bumper damage and rear corner damage from driver.
__________________

__________________
-2017 Ram Cummins, Aisin DRW 3.73, 4x4
-2015 Wildcat 317RL
-B&W Companion , MorRyde pinbox
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:38 AM   #42
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
My buddy bought from them. Trailer arrived late with bumper damage and rear corner damage from driver.
All dealers get their RVs the same way; contract delivery drivers.

This damage would have shown up at your local dealer and you would have just not been notified that it had arrived. The damage would have been repaired; taking weeks, and they would have blamed the factory for the late delivery.
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 484
I agree the driver should check the wheels at every stop; just common sense. Of course, the problem could have occurred in the last 100 miles or so. When my FW was delivered 40 miles to my location the driver said he couldn't get his brake controller set for the trailer, yet mine worked fine with it from day one, go figure.
__________________
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:08 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Learjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
All dealers get their RVs the same way; contract delivery drivers.

This damage would have shown up at your local dealer and you would have just not been notified that it had arrived. The damage would have been repaired; taking weeks, and they would have blamed the factory for the late delivery.
Right, that is why I paid a little extra for my last trailer that I got from a great local dealer and my friends trailer still has the scars from his ordeal.
__________________
-2017 Ram Cummins, Aisin DRW 3.73, 4x4
-2015 Wildcat 317RL
-B&W Companion , MorRyde pinbox
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:28 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
Right, that is why I paid a little extra for my last trailer that I got from a great local dealer and my friends trailer still has the scars from his ordeal.
1 good local experience and 1 bad non-local one isn't a lot to form a broad opinion on. There area LOT of good experiences with RVW on here and a lot of bad local experiences. You and your friend could have easily had opposite experiences on a different day. Plus, I saved 3-5K on my trailer from RVW. So to say you only save a "little" isn't accurate- at least it's not the norm.
__________________
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #46
RVWholesalers Representative
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 233
Learjet, the only way your friend has issues with his unit was if he hired his own driver and they did not work for us or he failed to let me know he had issues. I have never allowed a customer to get a new unit delivered by a driver we hired and have an issue. If they are wrecked, which is incredibly rare, we tell the customer to refuse the unit and we get them another one. If they want to keep it (time constraint) we get ALL repairs done and make sure the bill is covered. So again, either we did not hire the driver, the customer did, or we were never informed. Have your friend contact me and I will get him taken care of if it were our driver. Thanks-
__________________
RVWholesalers
Representative
ddurnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #47
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnell View Post
Learjet, the only way your friend has issues with his unit was if he hired his own driver and they did not work for us or he failed to let me know he had issues. I have never allowed a customer to get a new unit delivered by a driver we hired and have an issue. If they are wrecked, which is incredibly rare, we tell the customer to refuse the unit and we get them another one. If they want to keep it (time constraint) we get ALL repairs done and make sure the bill is covered. So again, either we did not hire the driver, the customer did, or we were never informed. Have your friend contact me and I will get him taken care of if it were our driver. Thanks-
I don't see how anyone could not be pleased with this! Fantastic ddurnell!
If we weren't so old, I would buy one from them.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:28 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,015
Agree 100%,makes me want to Buy from them (RVW) and I don't even Need one! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:53 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Learjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 194
Had a warranty issue, water tank brackets, local dealer fixed in a couple of days. How would that have worked out if if had bought several states away? Hmmmm 😀
__________________
-2017 Ram Cummins, Aisin DRW 3.73, 4x4
-2015 Wildcat 317RL
-B&W Companion , MorRyde pinbox
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:04 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,015
Regardless Where you bought it when you (Travel) things are going to break! Buying (Local) is of little use (On a LONG Trip)! Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.