Old 07-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #51
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
Had a warranty issue, water tank brackets, local dealer fixed in a couple of days. How would that have worked out if if had bought several states away? Hmmmm 😀
Well, we bought our HTT from a dealer 2000 miles away. We simply had FR find us local dealers more than willing to do warranty work.
Never had any issues having a number of warranty issues fixed by dealers we didn't buy from.

Would I preferred to buy from a local dealer, SURE!
But not for thousands of dollars more. Like 35% more.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:40 PM   #52

Quote:
Had a warranty issue, water tank brackets, local dealer fixed in a couple of days. How would that have worked out if if had bought several states away? Hmmmm 😀
Actually, have had a few warranty claims with our two Sabre fivers, both purchased at a huge discount compared to our local, and other non-local dealers. Claims were handled to my expectations with rvw setting up the work with a local servicer. I was blown away just two days ago by rvw's continued service. I called them, hoping to catch Bob, the service guy. Bob not only took my call immediately, but stayed on the line until I was completely satisfied with his help! I am having issues with my leveling system and had some ideas on how to fix it, but wanted to be reassured first. Bob was great, answered my questions, and made sure all my questions were answered, finished the call with a sincere invitation to call anytime.

Give them a chance, and they'll come thru!

jtstromsburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:42 PM   #53

Quote:

Lets see. You probably paid several thousand more- but you might not be willing to admit it. So, it seems toe you could have paid for a LOT of bracket repairs and still come out way ahead. In all honesty, it seems you have an agenda here because it's perfectly clear to everyone else that RVW takes care of their customers as good as anyone and FAR better than the vast majority of dealers.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #54
RVWholesalers Representative

Learjet, we have customers literally in every state and all Canadian Provinces. Our customers have issues each and everyday. We have a staff that everyday finds "local" repair people to fix those issues and get the bills paid by the factory. One thing we also do for our customers is pay the bill up front so they don't have to wait on their unit while the repair facility is waiting on payment from the factory. I look forward to the day when ALL dealers do this, so when you are traveling and not by your local dealer you can still get serviced. Hope this helps clarify things about our service for you. We have been doing this for over 17 years, and it works.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:57 AM   #55
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnell View Post
Learjet, we have customers literally in every state and all Canadian Provinces. Our customers have issues each and everyday. We have a staff that everyday finds "local" repair people to fix those issues and get the bills paid by the factory. One thing we also do for our customers is pay the bill up front so they don't have to wait on their unit while the repair facility is waiting on payment from the factory. I look forward to the day when ALL dealers do this, so when you are traveling and not by your local dealer you can still get serviced. Hope this helps clarify things about our service for you. We have been doing this for over 17 years, and it works.
Once again another real world, logical solution to a "the sky is falling" scenario! Well done Mr. Durnell!
Like Yooroo, I don't even need a new camper and I want to buy one from you folks!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Lets see. You probably paid several thousand more- but you might not be willing to admit it. So, it seems toe you could have paid for a LOT of bracket repairs and still come out way ahead. In all honesty, it seems you have an agenda here because it's perfectly clear to everyone else that RVW takes care of their customers as good as anyone and FAR better than the vast majority of dealers.
Hey... thats funny...the cost difference was @ $1000 and what I wanted, with all options was sitting on the lot. Also, I had a buyer for my trailer and the dealer did a courtsey trade, so I saved taxes... My choice, no regrets.

No agenda here buddy The thread was about drivers and I told my story...then all the cheerleaders started jumping in.

Nice try. No need to be condescending
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:24 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnell View Post
Thanks for the info, and I will pass that on to my camping buddy.
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:55 PM   #58

Quote:
Hey... thats funny...the cost difference was @ $1000 and what I wanted, with all options was sitting on the lot. Also, I had a buyer for my trailer and the dealer did a courtsey trade, so I saved taxes... My choice, no regrets.

No agenda here buddy The thread was about drivers and I told my story...then all the cheerleaders started jumping in.

Nice try. No need to be condescending

You are in a serious minority if you could only save $1k. It seems as though the dealers that are in "manufacturing country" like RVW is are more competitive, but the norm is 3k on up in savings for most.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:35 PM   #59

Yep, I bought local.
I also own a local biz, so I understand the need to support local.
My dealer said they would treat me right and support me after the sale, so I paid them more than I knew I could buy it for.
We have a issue with an add-on they built and installed on our unit.
They won't resolve that issue, even at the risk of losing a customer and no referral ever coming from me (now, anyway). Maybe a $1000 bucks, tops and they want to screw it up on a $40,000 unit.....
They won't even respond to my texts, now.

I'll be checking RVW next time.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:49 PM   #60

Yup, story upon story like that. My dealer lied to me and the insurance company regarding repairs made after some damage. Never going back there again.