Old 07-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #1

Beware RV delivery drivers - Report Damage Immediately

Delivery driver for rv wholesalers trashed my new trailer. When he arrived at our house the brakes on my unit were overheated and when they cooled one wheel was seized. Rvw sent a Dexter axle repair man to our house to fix it which was great but the whole fiasco could have been avoided. I also had to replace the tire that got so hot it discolored the tire and of course I couldn't find the cheap China bomb that forest river used so 650 dollars later the trailer is finally ready for a trip. My advice is to go get it yourself if you buy from rvw. Rvw was great getting it fixed but they didn't reimburse me for the tire and I will probably never get the break dust of the wheel. Wish I knew how to post a pic of the electric brake....never seen a drum brake so destroyed.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:03 AM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

Do you have any idea what did the delivery driver did that caused this?

Old 07-15-2015, 09:13 AM   #3

I would say either drove too fast or maybe hit something I'm not sure or maybe his cheap old Ford truck just wasn't any good and the brake controller had something to do with it.... not sure. not very happy about buying a $35,000 camper and when it arrives to me its damaged.RV wholesalers did their part excellently except for paying to replace the damaged tire the tire may have been okay but I don't feel safe with it.... it was over 190 when I checked it with my infrared thermometer
Old 07-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #4

I'm not defending anyone here, but a brake assy possibly hanging up or adjusted up too much wouldn't be a delivery drivers issue. I've seen motorhomes towing trailers with the driver totally unaware of the wheel entirely gone and sparks flying off the spindle dragging the road. With the more powerful (diesel) trucks, a dragging electric brake is barely noticable until you stop and smell the aftermath.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:29 AM   #5

it is the delivery drivers responsibility he does represent the company that I bought it from a tire pressure monitoring system would have solved that problem immediately besides it's a self-adjusting Dexter axle not saying that it wasn't bad but if he had a tire pressure monitoring system he would have known immediately.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windjammer99 View Post
it is the delivery drivers responsibility he does represent the company that I bought it from a tire pressure monitoring system would have solved that problem immediately besides it's a self-adjusting Dexter axle not saying that it wasn't bad but if he had a tire pressure monitoring system he would have known immediately.
Totally agree! I would keep the pressure on RVW to at least meet you half way on the tire. Start posting your story everywhere you can and mail them links.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:43 AM   #7

RVW stepped up to the plate to get this fixed, I don't think bashing them is going to help here. RVW is not going to have there own drivers. They will hire out to an external company. To expect a company to have pressure monitoring system for the trailer is a bit much as well. Since only one brake was overheated I don't think it is a controller issue.

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:52 AM   #8

I know how he feels when you buy something this expensive and there are things wrong with it. Ours was the same way with issues as they all seem to be. No matter what the price you pay for your rig it has some issues to be worked out. I think the OP should talk to RVW and explain the tire issue also and they would hopefully warranty the tire/tires also. Good luck with it.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:55 AM   #9

There is a shortage of RV delivery drivers nationally, which makes quality of delivery service a crap shoot.
2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:55 AM   #10
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Vibe View Post
RVW stepped up to the plate to get this fixed, I don't think bashing them is going to help here. RVW is not going to have there own drivers. They will hire out to an external company. To expect a company to have pressure monitoring system for the trailer is a bit much as well. Since only one brake was overheated I don't think it is a controller issue.
Spot on reply!

2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote