As a new owner I find it nice to be able to make a last minute decision to gather the kids dog and wife and head out for a night or two. That's just what happened on Friday around 2pm! We finally are to the point the rv is ready to go...minus foodstuff and clothes. Settin up takes much less time .....awning deployed and drink in hand in about 20 minutes....a bit longer this time due to de winterizing.
I was able to make some mods this weekend also that have been collecting dust in the garage...
1. Installed fantastic fan in bathroom...still have one to put in over the front bed. Pretty nice how much air they move...I got the one with the rain sensor and such....pretty spiffy.
2. 1/4 turn ball ball valves installed on the low point drains and fresh water dump.
3. Fabricated a flag pole holder for our up coming company trip to Kansas speedway...had some angle and flat bar works great. I will attach picture.
4. Installed one of those collapsible shower curtain poles in the bathroom. It looks promising but have not used it yet.
5. In planned mod....almost got stranded when my tounge jack gave out. It was a factory hand crank unit....as I was retracting the jack it bound up and litteray fell apart. It was all hit hitched up with spring bars tensioned so we got lucky. I have a little tool kit in the camper so I took it all apart to keep the jack from dragging and headed out with the family to cabelas to see what they had. Only thing there was a stromberg 3500lb electric model. Not to many options on Sunday at 4pm....sucked it up and dropped the 225 dollars....don't know why I did t do it sooner!!!!!
All in all it was a good trip..... Wife had a good time and we stayed close to home so no real issues. Looking toward to more good weather!!!!!