Old 01-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
Bought a new Rockwood 2306!

Those of you following my saga over the last few days will be happy to hear that I put a deposit down on a new 2306! I can't say thank you enough for all the advice you gave me , particularly in steering me away from the used model I was considering at $14k. Long story short, we're getting a brand new one from RVWholesalers for $14.7k!

You may have seen my "Options" thread. Here's what I ended up with:
  • Color: Austin
  • Cherry Wood Cabinets
  • 12V Deep Cycle Battery
  • Gas Oven
  • Raised Panel Refrigerator Front
  • 2 Bunks with Bottom Storage
  • Murphy Bed Option
  • Carbon Monoxide Detector
  • Heated Mattress
  • Water Purifier
  • Create-A-Breeze Bath Roof Vent
  • Large grab handle
  • Convenience Package: Tinted Safety Glass Windows, Microwave Oven, 22 inch LCD TV w/AM/FM Stereo, CD, DVD Player, 13,500 BTU Roof A/C, Awning, Spare Tire Carrier and Cover, Gas/Electric Hot Water Heater, Outside Grill, Outside Speakers
  • Dealer Prep - FREE!
  • RVWholesalers Nationwide Service Network
  • You'll notice I didn't go with the power tongue, as it was a $240 option and I figured I could add it later. Also decided to save money and not opt for the power awning, aluminum wheels, or stainless appliances. I did go for the raised fridge panels -- can't get enough of the gorgeous cherry cabinets!

The trailer should be ready in 8 weeks at which point we'll head from CO to OH to pick it up. To say I'm excited is an understatement! __________________

pg_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
    I should mention what a pleasurable experience the buying process was, especially compared to a car. I started with Wana RV, and they gave me a great quote and a wonderful itemized list of all options available (with corresponding prices for each option). That really helped me hone in on what I wanted. I then used their quote as a bargaining chip with RVW, who ended up beating the Wana price. Didn't even try to whittle it down any further at that point, so who knows how much lower they may have gone.

pg_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
    Great news, PG! Thanks for the update. I think you made the right call. Indian Lake State Park is near RVW and you could probably stay your first night or two there while getting acquainted with your new trailer. You'll then be close to RVW if you have questions or problems.
    punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
    congrats - you did good by buying new - make sure you get the paperwork for the 2nd year warranty - first time you use it or just for peace of mind it is well worth it.

If you do eventually add the power jack - I would look into adding a second battery - replace both batteries at the same time - I have added the 2nd battery to mine - replaced both with Gel (UPS) batteries. so far no complaints
    2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
    2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
    Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
    USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
    sherdep is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
    Congratulations! Did you include a weight distribution hitch? Be safe on your journey to take delivery and on your return trip home.
    2012 Rockwood 8314BSS
    2011 Chevy
    Camping, Dutch Oven Cooking, and Homebrewing
    campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
    Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
    congratulations on that new camper!

you've saved a ton of money v.s. buying local.

teamgl is offline   Reply With Quote