Old 07-31-2010, 05:40 PM   #1

Breaker keeps tripping so Im taking it back to dealer

Went camping at the beach and had to reset breaker about 50 times!! Very aggravating, dealer thinks it might be the A/C. just about all we could do was run the AC to try to keep cool. and sometimes it would trip with just the AC running,, We really love our new 5th wheel Flagstaff and until now had zero problems so I hope I dont get "We cant find anything wrong" response! Has anyone else have this problem.. I know you cant do some things with AC on but this was ridiculous.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:21 PM   #2

Which breaker, the one on the RV or the pedestal at the park? What were you plugged into 50A/30A/20A.

Some guys next to us in a park in Moab one time tripped the breaker on the pedestal when using their A/C (they borrowed the RV and didn't know anything about it) and since they then didn't have any power to the rig they proceeded to start and run their generator to run their A/C. The park management came by to tell them the rules prohibited using the generator and they said they had no power. Upon inspection the park worker found that they had used a 50 to 30 amp adapter into a 20 amp adapter and plugged into a 20amp outlet. When they started the microwave or turned on a light the breaker tripped.

Even if you are plugged into a 30 amp outlet in the park, the power can be much less if everyone else is using their A/C. Do you have a 30 amp outlet at home you can test with? Has it done it at other parks?

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:53 PM   #3

No other camper in our area had any problems, we ve camped in the campground for years (Pirateland, Myrtle Beach) and had no problems in our old camper. At night when we were asleep the main breaker never tripped. By the way it was the main breaker in the camper.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #4

Might be a weak main breaker.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #5

ours did it on our first trip , got checking on it and the main breaker was a 15 amp and should have been a 30 dealer had it replaced now no problems
Old 08-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohlingerrv View Post
Went camping at the beach and had to reset breaker about 50 times!! Very aggravating, dealer thinks it might be the A/C. just about all we could do was run the AC to try to keep cool. and sometimes it would trip with just the AC running,, We really love our new 5th wheel Flagstaff and until now had zero problems so I hope I dont get "We cant find anything wrong" response! Has anyone else have this problem.. I know you cant do some things with AC on but this was ridiculous.
If a breaker is tripping something is wrong. If it was the main 30 amp then it could be almost anything from a weak breaker, lose connection in your power center, bad or lose receptable in your space at the campground. Yes it could be just your plug in at the campground being worn out and loose.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, breaker