Old 01-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Capsfloyd View Post
When you decided on a model ( bumper pull Tt)
You found the floor plan
How did you make your decision on the make?
Our criteria is bumper pull , outside kitchen , no bunks, sofa , large dinette , sleeps 5-6 , Fiberglas or alium ? Right around 6,000 dry weight .can pull total 8,000
Did you go just with price?
It looks like you have2 questions:

How did you make your decision on the make?
Did you go just with price?
If I understand you correctly, let's use Flagstaff and Rockwood as an example. Both are made by Forest River, have identical floor plans, and are made in the same factory. Both are usually not sold by the same dealer at a single location, but depends on locality and proximity to retailers with the same product (marketing strategy and legalities as it relates to dealer/manfacturer contract agreements). What do you do? Buy from the dealer who has the best price considering everything else is equal.

2012 Rockwood 8314BSS
2011 Chevy
Camping, Dutch Oven Cooking, and Homebrewing
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
Site Team
For me it was mostly *small* - budget, size, and towing weight. I didn't shop brands, models, or a particular floor plan. Found something I liked, started picturing myself in it, and couldn't pass up the great sale price.

With my limited budget I never thought it would be possible to own a trailer and make this dream come true.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sold sign.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	10064

LOL- It wasn't until the RV show last October I found out my floor plan was in a zillion different models and brands.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #13
The bunk room was a must with our 3 kids. We had an older 5th with a dining room table and chairs. We hated waking up to find kids asleep all over the floor and couch. Now we shut the door on the bunkhouse and enjoy our breakfast without stepping over kids. The outside kitchen was a consideration but not a deal breaker. It ended up being a favorite feature for us all. I also wanted a bumper pull to free up the bed of my truck.

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #14
Now a "Top Member"
Bottom line...if Mama is happy, everyone is happy. Make Mama happy!
Ed and Sharon
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS
2011 Ford F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #15
Amen to that!

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
queen bed [2] sofa bed [2] dineete u shaped [1 or 2] ????
We are in a bayside pop up right now .. It is me and the DW and a 18 month grandson when he gets to go , his mom and dad may come some time?
Also looking at the Rockwood signature ultra lite 8317RKSS
Puma 28KRB
I don't think it will be a problem setting up the dinette and sofa if you do that only occasionally.

Normally, its true that you will want to avoid sleeping on the dinette because of the constant making and unmaking every day. But, you are wise to think about how you will camp MOST often.

In general, I would say that your floor plan needs to fit yours and DW's lifestyle first and foremost and then consider how you will work it out when guests come in. It sounds to me that you regularly intend to camp just the two of you, sometimes bringing your grandson, and sometimes bringing his mom and dad. If you plan to have your grandson or his parents there often, then buy a floorplan that can have beds for everyone; making everybody happy.

Contrary to popular believe, people do sometimes regret buying too big a trailer. My folks once bought a trailer that they regretted and sold after a year because it was designed to sleep 5 comfortably and they rarely if ever had three extra guests with them. Your mileage may vary.

So, the number of beds really depends on how often you intend to camp with guests.

DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote