Old 10-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #1

Cable hookup/connection

Hi all. First post here. Family just picked up our first camper on Friday, a 2012 Lighthouse 2FB. I can't seem to find the cable TV hookup outside the trailer. I also can't seem to get our TV to tune into any channels from the antenna. I tried to turn the signal booster on and off to see if there was any difference but no luck. Anyone know where the outside hookup is located?

Old 10-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Not sure where cable hook up might be......
Did the tv come with camper? If so it should be digital ready but you have to do a station search with tv to get channels.
if its an older non digital tv you have to get a digital reciver box to receive digital signal.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1st of all, welcome to the forum.

I tried to look up your trailer, and came up blank. What is the manufacturers name ?? I am not even sure that is a Forest River product.

As far as using the TV with your antennae, the booster does need to be on. Raise the antennae and do a channel search with the TV (in the antennae mode, not cable mode). Rotate the antennae about 1/3 of the way, and do an add channel search. Rotate the antennae the opposite way, and again do an add channel search. If you don't get any channels using that method, then you may not have any OTA channels available in your area.

You outside cable connection should look something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cable Connection.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	8782

Do not use the booster button when using the cable connection.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I believe keystone makes it
Old 10-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
1st of all, welcome to the forum.

I tried to look up your trailer, and came up blank. What is the manufacturers name ?? I am not even sure that is a Forest River product.

As far as using the TV with your antennae, the booster does need to be on. Raise the antennae and do a channel search with the TV (in the antennae mode, not cable mode). Rotate the antennae about 1/3 of the way, and do an add channel search. Rotate the antennae the opposite way, and again do an add channel search. If you don't get any channels using that method, then you may not have any OTA channels available in your area.

You outside cable connection should look something like this:

Attachment 8782

Do not use the booster button when using the cable connection.

Wow, you are right. I was under the impression that it was a Forest River when I bought it but as it turns out it was made by an independent company named Lighthouse RV. Thanks for the advice anyway!