Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2016, 03:39 PM   #21

Just do it.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggw View Post
Just do it.
X2. WAY too much over thinking here😉
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:02 PM   #23
Site Team

As for the chemicals, I never use anything with formaldehyde in it. and dump in our septic tank from time to time and I'm not concerned with damaging the system.

If you don't use formaldehyde it won't harm a septic system or the public sewer.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:24 PM   #24

Sewer

Since i fill my fresh water tank before i leave, and my house sewer is billed via the water meter, id do it. However, i dont have an outside cleanout.
Rick_Geneseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 05:26 PM   #25

There is no sewer meter, sewer rate is calculated on water used. So the answer is yes unless your neighbors pimp you out. I buried a 55 gal drum perforated, surrounded by 57 stone. I can wash my tanks out at will.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 05:39 PM   #26

If I wanted to go thru the trouble of running out 120 feet of hose up a slope to the back yard I could.

MUCH easier to drive down to the county fair grounds and clean out there, it's free.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:46 PM   #27

Related question.......... daughter is building a new house, and it's 800 miles from me, so we take camper there, or plan to.

Septic tank is already installed, done......house is about done. What would it take to add a cleanout or tube into her septic so I could use it when I'm there? Could a 'plumber' do it?

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired JSO View Post
There is no sewer meter, sewer rate is calculated on water used. So the answer is yes unless your neighbors pimp you out. I buried a 55 gal drum perforated, surrounded by 57 stone. I can wash my tanks out at will.
X2 on the 55 gallon drum. Lots of holes in it and it will drain just fine. Mine has been being used for 6 years with no problems.
I have a 4" PVC lead into the top of the drum and an end cap over it about three inches above ground level so standing water will not fill it up.
We are on county water and sewer, but we use our own well for the 67 sprinkler heads in our irrigation system. Our water bill dropped from over $300 a month down to $22. We never heard a word from the county. Now and then I switch from county to well for a few weeks at a time, but since we are only paying the base fee, our bill stays the same.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:19 PM   #29

Can I drain my tanks into my sewer clean out at home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Related question.......... daughter is building a new house, and it's 800 miles from me, so we take camper there, or plan to.

Septic tank is already installed, done......house is about done. What would it take to add a cleanout or tube into her septic so I could use it when I'm there? Could a 'plumber' do it?

Id guess there would already be a hatch that you could open and empty in to. If not, a person should be able to dig and find the 4" pic line going to the septic and add a Y and clean out.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:37 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
If I wanted to go thru the trouble of running out 120 feet of hose up a slope to the back yard I could.

MUCH easier to drive down to the county fair grounds and clean out there, it's free.
Agree, plus ours is free!
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Id guess there would already be a hatch that you could open and empty in to. If not, a person should be able to dig and find the 4" pic line going to the septic and add a Y and clean out.
Well..........we have one at home too. Just had it pumped out 3 months ago.

The only 4" pvc pipe is the air vent. To get to the actual tank, you have to dig out the entire concrete top, with two big eye bolts in it, and lift it totally out. There's no access that I know of other than that.
https://www.google.com/search?q=what...eRcRc7lS4nM%3A

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-28-2016, 06:52 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
I agree.... Has to be some point in the input line from the house to the tank that you could tee off of.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:53 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I agree.... Has to be some point in the input line from the house to the tank that you could tee off of.
Well duh.

Yeah, I guess I could pay a plumber to tap into the feed line, rather than the actual tank!

(Why do I miss the obvious so often?)

Never mind, DW just answered for y'all.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #34

Quote:
Well duh.

Yeah, I guess I could pay a plumber to tap into the feed line, rather than the actual tank!

(Why do I miss the obvious so often?)

Never mind, DW just answered for y'all.
LOL!!! And this is why we never argue with our wives... They are always right!!!!! 😁
Old 08-28-2016, 07:16 PM   #35

Hi.......
So many reasons here why I've never lived in a place that has 'civilized' city charge services. one thing leads to another. lol

After all this input/feedback why not just pay the 5 or ten bux to use a dump station somewhere and you won't have to worry about committing a 'felony' stealing from the govt while trying to rid yoo of yoo poo........ dbl lol.

........aint sayin; im just sayin.
Thanx INTJohn
intjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:17 PM   #36
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:

Just be real careful and plan to space out your tank dumping and rinsing. Septic systems cant handle the amount of fluids that an rv can dump at one time. They have a leach system for the tank to rid its self of liquids while the solids fall. They are only able to handle a few gallons a minute, not the dozens of gallons a minute our rvs will dump.
Our permanent rv park has septic tanks and we constantly have problems with overloading the system. We've learned to space out our black tank dumping and try to leave the shower gray tank open so that the water is dumped as its used to help with all this.

Op. I'd dump it in my cleanout if i had city services, if its septic, just space it out and take your time.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:05 PM   #37

OMG, the sewer police on here are worse than the weight police, just dump it.
ccsvolsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:14 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
The answer is yes, but when you flush the toilet, the water meter runs. The sewer charges are based on water usage and is much more than the water charges itself. If dumping 30-40 gallons of waste, that's not documented on the water meter. It would be classified as theft of services. To prove it, the untility would have to have proof as to the extent. That said, I would ask for forgiveness rather than permission-unless you have a really nasty neighbor.
Well then just turn on an outside faucet while your dumping,everything will be OK then!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:59 PM   #39
Crookedread

Agree with just dump it. I worked for utilities for over 20 years. Not going to be a problem. Now where exactly did you live?? Just kidding!! However, the person dumping directly into the ground could be contaminating every well for hundreds of feet including his own making it dangerous to drink. Depending on what chemicals he is using, it could be a criminal act subjecting himself to fines at the least. If you get interest in your disposal, it won't be the sewer, it will be the well head protection program. Besides that, it is the wrong thing to do. Please rethink what your doing!!

Crookedread
2016 Duramax
2011 Stealth 2312
crookedread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:17 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookedread View Post
However, the person dumping directly into the ground could be contaminating every well for hundreds of feet including his own making it dangerous to drink. Depending on what chemicals he is using, it could be a criminal act subjecting himself to fines at the least. If you get interest in your disposal, it won't be the sewer, it will be the well head protection program. Besides that, it is the wrong thing to do. Please rethink what your doing!!
I missed that post about the 55 gallon drums and the 'yard watering'. Since that one guy uses his well for a few months out of the year... I sure hope it's a very deep one!! Talk about recycling!! LOL!!!!!

Tags
drain, tank