Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #21

20 K Reese slider very heavy, had to install a hoist in the garage attic, but it come in handy for many things like changing the blades on the lawn tractor, and taking down all DW Christmas decorations, and decorations and decorations..........
Det107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:21 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det107 View Post
20 K Reese slider very heavy, had to install a hoist in the garage attic, but it come in handy for many things like changing the blades on the lawn tractor, and taking down all DW Christmas decorations, and decorations and decorations..........
Great idea. I beefed up the rafter's in my carport and made a place to hoist and skin deer on rainy days. Then used it to lift hitch out of truck when I need to. 😃

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:45 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Is that a Companion that goes to the Turnoverball Gooseneck?

I can't pull the handle to the gooseneck pin unless I loosen the draw down bolt. Are you able to loosen that? Or don't you need to?
Yep, that's correct. I have to loosen the draw down bold before I'm able to do this but that's not a hard process.
To reinstall I just back the truck back under it and lower back into the turnover ball hitch. It was odd the first few times but can do it fairly easily now.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:38 PM   #24

I used to have a Pullrite slide that weighted in excess of 300lb. I used a cherry picker purchased at Harbor Freight and it worked great.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Johnv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, hitch, wheel