Old 07-27-2016, 10:19 AM   #11

I replaced the Goodyear G614's on my 40' Cedar Creek with the Sailun S637. Both are G rated, 14 ply but the Sailun looks and feels so much beefier and larger. I only have several thousand miles on them so the final verdict is still to come but I am quite happy with the Sailuns and gut feeling is they are going to be a quality tire at less than 1/2 the price of the Goodyears.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:04 AM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyn View Post
I replaced the Goodyear G614's on my 40' Cedar Creek with the Sailun S637. Both are G rated, 14 ply but the Sailun looks and feels so much beefier and larger. I only have several thousand miles on them so the final verdict is still to come but I am quite happy with the Sailuns and gut feeling is they are going to be a quality tire at less than 1/2 the price of the Goodyears.

Why did you replace them?

Old 07-27-2016, 04:05 PM   #13

Had an axle out of alignment. Wore the edges off. Local alignment shop cut axle mount from frame and welded an adjustable mount on for future alignment if needed.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:53 PM   #14
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

CORRECTED: Sailun S637 vs. Maxxis 8008

In this thread a few days ago I posted a spreadsheet that collects all I can find regarding these 2 tire brands. In particular, I sought to determine if I could replace the Maxxis 8008's on my 2016 Wildcat 295RSX with Sailun's of the exact same size. Since Sailun's are rated "G", I hoped to be able to up my safety when I need to tow at 75mph (as in passing etc.).

Short answer is no. The Wildcat Maxxis option was shipped with HiSpec Series 9 Aluminum 6-lug wheels and in a call today, HiSpec confirms that their wheel is only rated 80psi, not the 110psi required by Sailun to achieve 'G' loads (the HiSpec 8-lug in a 16" is however rated for 110psi). Anyway, here's version 2 of the tables I published earlier (an actual Sailun S637 label was scanned and is included also).

PS. The Maxxis have been perfect and I will be staying with Maxxis
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Compare Sailun to MaxxisV2.pdf (429.6 KB, 39 views)
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #15

How do you verify if your wheels can handle 110PSI? I had a blow out on my Prime Time Crusader 5th wheel that was purchased new in May of 2016. Tires had less than 3500 miles on them very disappointing. My Tire size is 235/80R 16's 5er weighs 9000LBS empty was looking at the Sailun S637 235/80R-16 but it requires 110PSI VS the 70 PSI Power King tires installed on my RV now. I understand the different load ranges of the tries as the Sailun may be way more than I need but there are limited options in this tire size for trailers.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
How do you verify if your wheels can handle 110PSI? I had a blow out on my Prime Time Crusader 5th wheel that was purchased new in May of 2016. Tires had less than 3500 miles on them very disappointing. My Tire size is 235/80R 16's 5er weighs 9000LBS empty was looking at the Sailun S637 235/80R-16 but it requires 110PSI VS the 70 PSI Power King tires installed on my RV now. I understand the different load ranges of the tries as the Sailun may be way more than I need but there are limited options in this tire size for trailers.
I have put Carlisle on my last TT and 2 5ers. That same size on the last 2 5ers.

During a visit to China in April 2015, Van Ormer saw many new lines of ST products, but says he is aware of only one manufacturer that has “truly changed” the technology of the ST tires. That manufacturer is Carlstar Group LLC, formerly CTP Transportation Products and before that, Carlisle Transportation Products. “With the RH (radial) and LH (bias) trailer tires, they beefed up the bead and sidewall packages so that few others can compete quality-wise with them,” Van Ormer says.

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/article/312514/st-tires-all-steel-radial-construction-is-meeting-the-demand-for-more-carrying-capacity
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I have put Carlisle on my last TT and 2 5ers. That same size on the last 2 5ers.

During a visit to China in April 2015, Van Ormer saw many new lines of ST products, but says he is aware of only one manufacturer that has “truly changed” the technology of the ST tires. That manufacturer is Carlstar Group LLC, formerly CTP Transportation Products and before that, Carlisle Transportation Products. “With the RH (radial) and LH (bias) trailer tires, they beefed up the bead and sidewall packages so that few others can compete quality-wise with them,” Van Ormer says.

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/article/312514/st-tires-all-steel-radial-construction-is-meeting-the-demand-for-more-carrying-capacity
How many miles have you gotten out of them? Prices are all over the map on the Carlisle tires Pepboys wants $149 but online I found them for $71 each same part number wonder why?
Old 01-07-2017, 04:25 PM   #18
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Quote:
1) look for the rating stamped into the wheel. Sometimes you have to remove a tire to see it. Sometimes you can see stamped on the back side of the wheel hub. Sometimes it's listed as weight capacity and a number greater than 4000 can indicate higher psi.

2) call the wheel mfg.

3) 8 lugs with metal stems are often a sign of 110psi capable wheels.

4) I you can always replace both wheels and tires but you are still restricted to same lug setup. I've seen users in this thread that went that route.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:19 PM   #19

Quote:
How many miles have you gotten out of them? Prices are all over the map on the Carlisle tires Pepboys wants $149 but online I found them for $71 each same part number wonder why?

I don't have any idea how many miles on the TT. Had 18,000 on the F250 and a little over 7500 on the F350. I paid $97 each mount/balanced/installed for 5 at LA South Auto & Tire in Ocean Isle Beach NC. That was before what he gave for the Trailer Kings. These are the 235/80/R16 LRE RH. Four were 3 months and one was 4 months since manufacture. Part numbers?? would think there is a difference between the RH and newer HD designations. The HD are supposed to be improved.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #20

Why not get off the exercise wheel and upgrade to 17.5 inch tire and wheels? They will give you about 4000 pounds load rating and much easier to find.