Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2019, 11:42 AM   #21

rs vs cc

I am partial to the Riverstone legacy. I have the 38fb 2017 and live full time in it. we have over 30k miles on it and still love it . It has been for the most part trouble free ,unless I do something to it . Do to the road quality across the USA we added the Moryde is 8k ago .As nice as the Dexter disc brakes and GY rubber are ,the wet bolts are not up to the task of such a large unit. Ours has everything possible. The factory has been real supportive and helpful, good people. the rig stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer due to the great insulation ,a bonus is that it is really quiet inside. I have looked at many different units (for fun) and still find no reason to trade ours. RS does have a lower model available (new one coming out has a front window 39rbfl just saw it in person last week at the factory). We also heard rumors that the RS was going to replace the cedar creek. The RS legacy was engineered to compete with the mobile D suites and the other upper end 5th wheels so you will pay more ,but worth it to us. Fulltime puts a huge load on the rigs and so far the RS has passed but it is a RV so there is always something to deal with if you travel a lot. good luck hope this helps
luckieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #22

Well, the Champagne 38EFK is out. I spoke with my sales guy and he confirmed the following:

1. The sidewalls are indeed 2" x 2", not 3".
2. There is not an option for disc brakes.
3. I cannot get a ceiling fan in the bedroom

So we're still on track for the Riverstone 39FK.

2020 Riverstone 39FK
2016 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L PowerStroke Lariat
Jim1521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:03 PM   #23

You can have disk brakes installed after you buy the camper, about $3,000 bucks
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
You can have disk brakes installed after you buy the camper, about $3,000 bucks
Yes, did that on my Grand Design. We will be full timing, so the 2" walls is just a deal breaker for us.

2020 Riverstone 39FK
2016 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L PowerStroke Lariat
Jim1521 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek