Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #1

Chaparral 29 BHS vs. Elkridge E299

In my hunt in a possible upgrade form my Salem 26 TBUD TT to a 5er, I think I have narrowed it down between these two. I have to say I do feel as if the Chaparral has better finishes and more counter space in the kitchen. Price is the same between the two. The one downside which is a potential deal breaker for me is the Chaparral has a very small awning due to the slide out by the front door. We use the awning alot and it seems to be the place everyone gathers.

We are looking at bunk houses because it offers more sleeping room, I have not been able to find a non-bunk house that offers close to same sleeping room for kids.

Does anyone have either of these units or have any experience with them that might have some insight? Or general input and suggestions?
bcurtiss433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #2

Don't have that model of Chappy,but really have no problems and we love our 2015 29 RKS.Build quality looks to be top notch and has given us not a minutes problem.Have had a few problems with small non Chaparral items.IE micro wave door and the black water valve broke.
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote