Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #1

Columbus 365rl battery question

I have a storage unit that doesn't have power and I'm curious if the 12 volt circuitry will run the battery dead if I leave the fridge going on LP for a couple weeks in there?

I know there's a shut off in the basement if I turn that off with the fridge not run or will the fridge run?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Rmk2001800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #2

Fridge runs on 120VAC, 12VDC, and Propane modes. You need heat to make the fridge evaporative/ammonia cooling work. You need electricity too. That means you need 12VDC and yes your battery will die. Other things that will kill your battery are all the electronics even though you think everything is off. Propane/CO2 alarm, sensors for thermostat, fridge, furnace, gray/black tank sensors, and maybe even that antenna booster.

So no big deal to try it and see what happens. Use the two battery setup and tell us how long they lasted! Remember in storage the AC is not running. That means it will be very hot inside of RV if you have outside storage. Fridge will run more often.
SammySabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #3

Anyone have a estimate on time if I shut all breaker except for the fridge off?

If the battery is dead when I show up will the level system work when I plug into my truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Rmk2001800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #4

Without a large battery bank, and because it's very difficult to shut power off to the detectors and other parasitic draws, I'd guess a couple days to a week if your lucky. Once your truck is available to plug in the campers cord, you should be able to run the landing gear. Might be easiest to empty the fridge. Good luck
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, battery, columbus