Old 10-07-2010, 03:44 AM   #11

Thanks again, I picked up some Dri-Z-Air for when it is not in use and will be bringing an electric heater with us this upcoming long weekend, as it is our Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada.
Best Wishes,
Chuck

Old 10-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #12

I use it even when we are in it... !! Helps clear out the cooking smell's as well

Mowat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowat View Post
Yup Dri-Z-Air .. i use it like crazy. It goes faster than a bowl of skittles on a receptionist's desk but it collects a LOT of water.
So, is the "stuff" inside consumable? Meaning you have to buy this over and over again?

It's just when the RV dealer told me about it they made it sound like it was re-usable.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:09 AM   #14

I was told the crystals do disappear and need to be replenished. They cost about $3 a bag here, not sure how long they last but will be finding out soon enough.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #15

They go fairly quickly. But the resulting water at the bottom shows it's worth it. I bought 2 big jugs to start the season. And I think I have about 25% left which should last through winter. But I have four of the holders spread out in the camper
Mowat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
The propane furnace will put moisture into the TT. That is why many people who winter camp use electric heaters.
Yeah, I found out the easy way from others and from customers, the propane furnace does nothing as far as drying the air out inside the trailer. One of the owners of the compay I work at was the first I saw do this in his 35 ft 5th wheel, and it has been used on boats for many years, I've done it on 2 trailers now (1st was my Starcraft pop up, now on my Roo), I've installed Espar Airtronic heaters. Sure, consider this a sales pitch if you want, I am just really happy with the results. The power consumption is EXTREMLY low, fuel consuption is VERY low (I run kerosene), and the air is dry inside the trailer (little or no condensation on the windows in the morning). I never use the propane furnace, at all. If you are at a park with hookups, electric heaters are good addition, but personally I like to dry camp, like this past long weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving), I had the heater on all weekend, set at 20 deg C (72F) and the battery level never went below 2/3 (I also use LED lights inside). The initial cost can be a bit of a shock, but if you use your unit alot, especially here in Canada where you need your heater on quite often (gotta keep the wife happy) it saves alot of frustration of the propane furnace running down the batteries and rapidly emptying the propane (like this past weekend I saw the couple next to us empty out 2-20lb propane bottles in the time we were there plus he had to start his truck every morning for an hour to charge the batteries, then ran his generator for most of the day). Espar | A World of Comfort | Worldwide Leader in Vehicle & Marine Heaters Just 2 more cents.
Tow Vehicle: '92 F350, Crew Cab, 4X4, Cummins 5.9 24 Valve, 6spd.Driver:Clint, Navigator:Melanie, 1 dog (Great Pyrenees/Akbash cross) and now a cat too. Mission Statement: Just another adventure! Towed vehicle:2009 Roo 19 with lots of mods!
cmcct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

This will be the 1st winter I've used a DampRid setup. The holder came w/ 1 bag (says lasts up to 60 days) & I picked up an extra bag of 4. I'll note hong long the bag lasts before needing replacement.
Nights camped 2011: 17
Nights camped 2012: 8
https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #18

For those of you in Canada, where do you buy the replacement crystals? Anywhere I have seen seeling this only sells the entire unit.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:49 AM   #19

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
The Dri-Z seems to work allot better than the Damp-Rid, We had a Damp-Rid on one side of the counter and a Dri-Z on the other. Nothing in the Damp-rid and the Dri-z was 1/2 full of water after a week end of camping. We bought more Dri-Z's. Just our conclusion.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #20

We've been living in our Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite and have used a large dehumidifier from day one. We've never had any condensation in our trailer. I wouldn't be without one.

We bought our dehumidifier at Lowe's. It's an LG brand a 40 pint model.

Forest River Forums - Forest River Owners Community