Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2015, 10:05 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg View Post
Mike, don't get your panties in a knot now. It's not that big a deal. I only listed one example. If you want several more, shoot me a pm. Better yet, I'll put you in touch with my buddy. His 2500 has a "For Sale" sign on it. Ya'll could compare notes, but he has a contract on a new Ford. As for me? i stayed with what works for me. I suggest you do the same. Such a simple concept isn't it? Happy New Year!
No knot. Heard good things about the Ford 6.7. As far as your buddy selling his rig great move on to something else. Every once in a while we buy one that just doesn't do it!!
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:07 PM   #62

Considering a new truck

I want a new truck, every few years.
As long as it's working right now, I'm happy.

I don't want it to be in the shop.
I don't want down time.
When the warranty is up, I'll get another. Might try a Ford again, next time. Who knows?

One thing for sure, I'll never own a Chevy. Lol. I've bashed them long enough, my buddies wouldn't let me love it down, if I got one!

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 12-31-2015, 10:08 PM   #63
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Mike, don't get your panties in a knot now. It's not that big a deal. I only listed one example. If you want several more, shoot me a pm. Better yet, I'll put you in touch with my buddy. His 2500 has a "For Sale" sign on it. Ya'll could compare notes, but he has a contract on a new Ford. As for me? i stayed with what works for me. I suggest you do the same. Such a simple concept isn't it? Happy New Year!
Those last 3 sentences are so true. I have great experiences with GM vehicles and know all the guys that can fix anything on one. (After working at several dealerships of all makes in their collision centers).
Others have better luck with other brands. Only thing is, if you want me to help you work on your vehicle, your a lot better off if its a gm. I tell my family, "get what you want, but if you want me working on it, its a lot better if its gm".
I still work on their other stuff but, it's funny how it all seems to have more issues than my stuff does. Might be my crazy pm on my vehicles though.
Good luck op!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:34 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post

I don't want down time.
When the warranty is up, I'll get another. Might try a Ford again, next time. Who knows?

One thing for sure, I'll never own a Chevy. Lol. I've bashed them long enough, my buddies wouldn't let me love it down, if I got one!

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Love your way of thinking.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:36 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Every once in a while we buy one that just doesn't do it!!
I made that mistake a long long time ago, but not in many years...the old slant 6 was still running well in that truck, but I had to rebuild the front end twice in 45,000 miles. I've become a little smarter in my old age.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:42 PM   #66

Yep Kenny, when I was younger I drove them forever, because I couldn't afford another...later in life, I drove them forever because I was cheap. No more....no more. My plan now is for my son to one day inherit a nice low mileage Ford truck.....or maybe a Toyota...!
Old 12-31-2015, 10:44 PM   #67

But lastly on this topic, if Fords build quality drops, so shall I drop Ford.
Ford and I t'aint married.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:44 PM   #68

Davi Lets hope they are building them a littler than the old 170 CID Slant six.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:58 PM   #69

Remembering an old George Washington statement to the troops. "Don't you dare leave your children a Toyota" Lived by it forever.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:06 PM   #70

Toyota's (or their offspring) have been the absolute best quality vehicles I've ever owned or driven
Old 12-31-2015, 11:10 PM   #71

Good for you Davi, I'm out.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:23 PM   #72
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:

I don't want down time.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
And you bought a dodge??? There isn't another brand I've seen with more consistent electrical issues since ford in the 90's. We send more to service for electrical gremlins than almost anything....vw would be next.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:28 PM   #73
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Toyota's (or their offspring) have been the absolute best quality vehicles I've ever owned or driven
They are in my bottom 3. There isn't another manufacturer that has more corrosion problems than them chaulky paint, cracking trim...... Love working on them though. Their book repair times have made me a lot of money! (And yes i worked at a gm/toyota dealer for years) yep engines run good, other than knocking if they sit more than a day....its everything else.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:39 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
And you bought a dodge??? There isn't another brand I've seen with more consistent electrical issues since ford in the 90's. We send more to service for electrical gremlins than almost anything....vw would be next.

I was seeing bcm plugs not clipped in on Ford trucks, right off the delivery truck.
Pushed off the truck.
I had to take a bush plane to the north to fix an Rcmp f150 with plug engagement issues.

My 14 2500 was solid, and really don't want any other.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 12-31-2015, 11:43 PM   #75

Fascinating Miller. My top 3 vehicles (in order) Toyota, Infinity, and my Ford truck. Now we could break them down into sub-species as well...lol.
Camry, 231k miles I-30t was a great car 194k, and,....well...I've talked about my truck to much already.... Both cars were still going strong when I sold them. I still see them both from time to time.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:46 PM   #76
Experience by Repair

Wouldn't trade my Cummins in my 13 3500 Laramie Longhorn for anything.
JJ XLR Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:49 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ XLR Thunderbolt View Post
Wouldn't trade my Cummins in my 13 3500 Laramie Longhorn for anything.

Tried to talk the DW into a Laramie longhorn dually on the lot.

Was too country.
I kind of liked it.
But the seat etching and the barb wire killed it for her.

Nice trucks though.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 01-01-2016, 12:06 AM   #78
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Fascinating Miller. My top 3 vehicles (in order) Toyota, Infinity, and my Ford truck. Now we could break them down into sub-species as well...lol.
Camry, 231k miles I-30t was a great car 194k, and,....well...I've talked about my truck to much already.... Both cars were still going strong when I sold them. I still see them both from time to time.
Nissans are good, suck to work on though. I'll have a G coupe soon. Ford would be my alternate choice for a bigger truck, but i dont know anybody with any real connections with them other than an uncle.
I had pretty good luck with my 7.3 powerstroke years ago.

Hyundai/kia's are really decent cars now and will probably by honda quality in a few years.

Any more any of them can have decent, lasting engines, IF they are maintained.
Heck, i sold a piece of crap 2000 cavalier last year that had 241,000 miles on it with nothing other than a fuel pump, ac compessor and a couple of starters (aftermarket). Drove for 7.5 years. Only big deal was the dash was cracked....but i caused a bunch of that from jamming 10' sticks of pipe in it!! Lol
Got a 2008 impala with 198,000 on it, I've changed a thermostat.
Wifes old Tahoe, 205,000 and i did ac compessor, and intake gaskets, and a fuel pump just cause. 2005 duramax 4wd 134,000 when i sold in September, did an upper a-arm, front hubs (i had over size, 34.5" tires on it) and one rear axle seal.

It's all who you know that can make them work best in your situation alot of times.
Still I'd only recommend a Chrysler to my worst enemy.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:12 AM   #79

Honestly... My truck came down to price and availability.

One tonnes are very hard to find around here.
Everyone special orders, due to the amount of options. One guy doesn't like this, or wants that.

I wanted a one tonne, and didn't want to pay out the nose.
I wanted new, but last year. 2015.

Found a couple fords. Not much movement on the sticker.

Found the ram, 6 hour round trip, in my home town. Used to work there 20 years ago.

Free CUMMINS was a major deal.
$1500 off for being in the trades.
They gave me 19k for my F350 that I paid 12 for 3 months prior.
Gave me 5 grand less than I paid brand new, for my almost 2 year old Lexus.
That sealed the deal for The ram.

In 3 years or less, i will upgrade to a dually if I keep the 5er, or move into a motorhome.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 01-01-2016, 12:19 AM   #80
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Honestly... My truck came down to price and availability.

One tonnes are very hard to find around here.
Everyone special orders, due to the amount of options. One guy doesn't like this, or wants that.

I wanted a one tonne, and didn't want to pay out the nose.
I wanted new, but last year. 2015.

Found a couple fords. Not much movement on the sticker.

Found the ram, 6 hour round trip, in my home town. Used to work there 20 years ago.

Free CUMMINS was a major deal.
$1500 off for being in the trades.
They gave me 19k for my F350 that I paid 12 for 3 months prior.
Gave me 5 grand less than I paid brand new, for my almost 2 year old Lexus.
That sealed the deal for The ram.

In 3 years or less, i will upgrade to a dually if I keep the 5er, or move into a motorhome.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Excuses, excuses..
"All i hear is bla bla bla, im a dirt tramp"
lol

Im not making any excuses!
I wanted a 1 ton dually, and i wanted a Denali, and i wanted bronze alloy, and diesel and 4wd. I didn't want the dang sun roof, but of the ones available for dealer trade at the time, it was cheaper than one without. I wasnt paying more for one without.

Tags
truck