Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2015, 11:10 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
mike.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,005
Good for you Davi, I'm out.
__________________

__________________
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:23 PM   #72
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
I want a new truck, every few years.
As long as it's working right now, I'm happy.

I don't want it to be in the shop.
I don't want down time.
When the warranty is up, I'll get another. Might try a Ford again, next time. Who knows?

One thing for sure, I'll never own a Chevy. Lol. I've bashed them long enough, my buddies wouldn't let me love it down, if I got one!


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
And you bought a dodge??? There isn't another brand I've seen with more consistent electrical issues since ford in the 90's. We send more to service for electrical gremlins than almost anything....vw would be next.
__________________

__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:28 PM   #73
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg View Post
Toyota's (or their offspring) have been the absolute best quality vehicles I've ever owned or driven
They are in my bottom 3. There isn't another manufacturer that has more corrosion problems than them chaulky paint, cracking trim...... Love working on them though. Their book repair times have made me a lot of money! (And yes i worked at a gm/toyota dealer for years) yep engines run good, other than knocking if they sit more than a day....its everything else.
__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:39 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
And you bought a dodge??? There isn't another brand I've seen with more consistent electrical issues since ford in the 90's. We send more to service for electrical gremlins than almost anything....vw would be next.

I was seeing bcm plugs not clipped in on Ford trucks, right off the delivery truck.
Pushed off the truck.
I had to take a bush plane to the north to fix an Rcmp f150 with plug engagement issues.

My 14 2500 was solid, and really don't want any other.


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:43 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 642
Fascinating Miller. My top 3 vehicles (in order) Toyota, Infinity, and my Ford truck. Now we could break them down into sub-species as well...lol.
Camry, 231k miles I-30t was a great car 194k, and,....well...I've talked about my truck to much already.... Both cars were still going strong when I sold them. I still see them both from time to time.
__________________
2016 Ford F-350 Lariat CC, 4x4 SRW. B&W turnover with extender. 2015 CC Silverback 29RE, fitted with Reese Goose Box. Amateur Extra Class K5TS, 2016 nights camped 16
Davidg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:46 PM   #76
Experience by Repair
 
JJ XLR Thunderbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 28
Wouldn't trade my Cummins in my 13 3500 Laramie Longhorn for anything.
__________________
JJ XLR Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:49 PM   #77
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ XLR Thunderbolt View Post
Wouldn't trade my Cummins in my 13 3500 Laramie Longhorn for anything.

Tried to talk the DW into a Laramie longhorn dually on the lot.

Was too country.
I kind of liked it.
But the seat etching and the barb wire killed it for her.

Nice trucks though.


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:06 AM   #78
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg View Post
Fascinating Miller. My top 3 vehicles (in order) Toyota, Infinity, and my Ford truck. Now we could break them down into sub-species as well...lol.
Camry, 231k miles I-30t was a great car 194k, and,....well...I've talked about my truck to much already.... Both cars were still going strong when I sold them. I still see them both from time to time.
Nissans are good, suck to work on though. I'll have a G coupe soon. Ford would be my alternate choice for a bigger truck, but i dont know anybody with any real connections with them other than an uncle.
I had pretty good luck with my 7.3 powerstroke years ago.

Hyundai/kia's are really decent cars now and will probably by honda quality in a few years.

Any more any of them can have decent, lasting engines, IF they are maintained.
Heck, i sold a piece of crap 2000 cavalier last year that had 241,000 miles on it with nothing other than a fuel pump, ac compessor and a couple of starters (aftermarket). Drove for 7.5 years. Only big deal was the dash was cracked....but i caused a bunch of that from jamming 10' sticks of pipe in it!! Lol
Got a 2008 impala with 198,000 on it, I've changed a thermostat.
Wifes old Tahoe, 205,000 and i did ac compessor, and intake gaskets, and a fuel pump just cause. 2005 duramax 4wd 134,000 when i sold in September, did an upper a-arm, front hubs (i had over size, 34.5" tires on it) and one rear axle seal.

It's all who you know that can make them work best in your situation alot of times.
Still I'd only recommend a Chrysler to my worst enemy.
__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:12 AM   #79
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,340
Honestly... My truck came down to price and availability.

One tonnes are very hard to find around here.
Everyone special orders, due to the amount of options. One guy doesn't like this, or wants that.

I wanted a one tonne, and didn't want to pay out the nose.
I wanted new, but last year. 2015.

Found a couple fords. Not much movement on the sticker.

Found the ram, 6 hour round trip, in my home town. Used to work there 20 years ago.

Free CUMMINS was a major deal.
$1500 off for being in the trades.
They gave me 19k for my F350 that I paid 12 for 3 months prior.
Gave me 5 grand less than I paid brand new, for my almost 2 year old Lexus.
That sealed the deal for The ram.

In 3 years or less, i will upgrade to a dually if I keep the 5er, or move into a motorhome.


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:19 AM   #80
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Honestly... My truck came down to price and availability.

One tonnes are very hard to find around here.
Everyone special orders, due to the amount of options. One guy doesn't like this, or wants that.

I wanted a one tonne, and didn't want to pay out the nose.
I wanted new, but last year. 2015.

Found a couple fords. Not much movement on the sticker.

Found the ram, 6 hour round trip, in my home town. Used to work there 20 years ago.

Free CUMMINS was a major deal.
$1500 off for being in the trades.
They gave me 19k for my F350 that I paid 12 for 3 months prior.
Gave me 5 grand less than I paid brand new, for my almost 2 year old Lexus.
That sealed the deal for The ram.

In 3 years or less, i will upgrade to a dually if I keep the 5er, or move into a motorhome.


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Excuses, excuses..
"All i hear is bla bla bla, im a dirt tramp"
lol

Im not making any excuses!
I wanted a 1 ton dually, and i wanted a Denali, and i wanted bronze alloy, and diesel and 4wd. I didn't want the dang sun roof, but of the ones available for dealer trade at the time, it was cheaper than one without. I wasnt paying more for one without.
__________________

__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
truck

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.