Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2015, 11:26 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Ksilvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newport, MI
Posts: 210
Dealership with best trade in offers?

I'm reposting this with a different subject line. I'm assuming I wasn't clear on previous post.

I'm asking if anyone has recommendations for a DEALERSHIP with fair trade in offers.

I know I can get more selling myself and I know how dealers play the numbers.

I'm just asking if anyone has had a positive experience that they'd recommend the dealership in regards to the trade in value offered.


2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
__________________

__________________
2014 PT Crusader 295RST-TE
2014 F-150 FX4
Ksilvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:44 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
You could try Labadie in Toledo.
__________________

__________________
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Jim34RL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Oswego il
Posts: 1,195
The way I look at trade in value of the RV being traded in; is the total package cost. If I am happy with the final cost of the new purchase then what do I care about the trade in value that the dealer is providing. You may end up paying more for the new camper if you receive a higher residual value of the trade in value of the camper. To me it is the final out come of the purchase price that will determine if I trade in or not.


If I am not happy with the price I walk and I have done this before with purchases. And I do not play the game of walking away and then buying from the dealer. When I walk away I am done with them.


just my $0.02
__________________
Jim W.
2016 34RL CC; 2008 Ram Mega Cab 2500HD, 6.7L, 68RFE 6 speed, 4X4, Smarty S67, TDR 112K+miles
Jim34RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:58 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
I recently traded in, and as others have said the value you get from one dealer is directly proportional to their selling price of the unit you are buying. Start pitting one dealer against another and see who comes out on top. That's what I did, and while the dealers were $10K apart on trade values, so was their selling price. In the end, they were all very close, and I picked the one who threw in some extras and bent a little more to earn my business. Finding a dealer who gives the best trade values, may not be the best deal. Of course this could work in your favor, if you have a loan on your current RV and trade value is near payoff it wouldn't show equity for a down payment. It's a numbers game, play it!
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:29 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
panthercity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
The way I look at trade in value of the RV being traded in; is the total package cost. If I am happy with the final cost of the new purchase then what do I care about the trade in value that the dealer is providing...
Don't know about elsewhere, but in Texas you pay sales tax on the DIFFERENCE between trade-in value and new unit sales price.
__________________
Certified JB Welder. Certified 3M Duct Tape installer.
Certified Farmer's Co-Op bailing wire expert. Graduate of the "Rock on the side of the Trail as a Hammer" school of motorcycle repair.
Getting old is just a matter of narrowly missing all the things that kill you.
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:28 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,535
The same dealership may give more for one model & less for an equal retail priced model depending on how long they have to sit on it ............ so no can't recommend a particular dealership as there are too many variables.....


Look at NADA or similar to get an idea as to what trade should be.......


Good Luck
__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercity View Post
Don't know about elsewhere, but in Texas you pay sales tax on the DIFFERENCE between trade-in value and new unit sales price.
Same here... so trading it in and loosing some $$ is actually worth it.
__________________
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:02 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Ksilvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newport, MI
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
The way I look at trade in value of the RV being traded in; is the total package cost. If I am happy with the final cost of the new purchase then what do I care about the trade in value that the dealer is providing. You may end up paying more for the new camper if you receive a higher residual value of the trade in value of the camper. To me it is the final out come of the purchase price that will determine if I trade in or not.


If I am not happy with the price I walk and I have done this before with purchases. And I do not play the game of walking away and then buying from the dealer. When I walk away I am done with them.


just my $0.02

Yea, that's not how we do it. We research the new unit we want & find the lowest national price & that's the price we want to purchase at. We don't play the numbers game of the "total package". It's 2 completely separate transactions. Im not going to just let the dealer have my trade-in for half of what it's actually worth just to get a low price on the new one.

My question is still asking about if there's any specific dealers that give a fair trade number. Again, I KNOW how to play the numbers game & I know everyone else does too.


2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
__________________
2014 PT Crusader 295RST-TE
2014 F-150 FX4
Ksilvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:06 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Ksilvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newport, MI
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I recently traded in, and as others have said the value you get from one dealer is directly proportional to their selling price of the unit you are buying. Start pitting one dealer against another and see who comes out on top. That's what I did, and while the dealers were $10K apart on trade values, so was their selling price. In the end, they were all very close, and I picked the one who threw in some extras and bent a little more to earn my business. Finding a dealer who gives the best trade values, may not be the best deal. Of course this could work in your favor, if you have a loan on your current RV and trade value is near payoff it wouldn't show equity for a down payment. It's a numbers game, play it!

Yep, as I said, I know it's a numbers game. I'm asking about dealerships that anyone has had a fair dealing with on trade values.


2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
__________________
2014 PT Crusader 295RST-TE
2014 F-150 FX4
Ksilvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:08 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Ksilvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newport, MI
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
The same dealership may give more for one model & less for an equal retail priced model depending on how long they have to sit on it ............ so no can't recommend a particular dealership as there are too many variables.....


Look at NADA or similar to get an idea as to what trade should be.......


Good Luck

I know what my trade number should be. Just asking if anyone has a particular dealership that gives a fair number on trades.


2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
__________________

__________________
2014 PT Crusader 295RST-TE
2014 F-150 FX4
Ksilvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dealer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.