Old 08-21-2015, 11:51 AM   #61
Originally Posted by Probwrm19 View Post
Obviously FR is owned by some other (bigger) corporation that doesn't give a hoot and that corporation is owned by someone else. If my memory serves me correctly, FR is ultimately owned by the richest man in the USA. He owns some type of investment company. I just can't remember his name. To make this short, that gentleman should be copied on every email (when we locate his address), receive a copy of every letter of complaint and be bombarded with phone calls about the poor construction and quality control at FR. Remember, s--t flows down hill. What do you say people? It's time for a little rebellion!
owned by Warren Buffet who owns Berkshire Hathaway who owns FRInc. I am not sure how to find Mr. Buffett's email addy. I bet someone will dig it up

2015 Coachmen Prism 24J MBS
USN-R '01-present
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:05 PM   #62
Forest River has recognized that they have to do a better job with regard to quality control. When at the rally, took a plant tour. The tour guide indicated that major changes have recently taken place with regard to QC. The tour guide offered this information with no prompting from the tour group. The gal in charge of QC at the one plant that had the fewest issues is now in charge of QC for ALL of the Forest River plants. The tour guide indicated she is not the most liked person nowadays, but, is implementing changes on all of the lines. Maybe she can and will make a difference. Can't remember the plant she was in charge of QC.

Told me they recognize the customer and will improve.

MartyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #63
You are correct in your appraisal of the production problems. A company who I had worked with ( sold their Products ) had a great system in their plant where an employee could press a button lighting a yellow lights all down the line if something was found to be wrong. Line super would check it and back check down the line to be sure it was not repeated. Culprit was caught and line started again. That system was removed when a big three company bought out that Mfr. I dropped the line. As for the inspection at THE END of production too many items cannot be readily fixed so it is just passed. As for fit Blame it on the CAD system. Computers cannot give a true perspective of an item till a prototype is built which they no longer do. So as said earlier doors hit things .
hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:41 PM   #64
Dear Forest River, Why is Quality Control non-existent?!

If you think there are problems with ours. Read the Vintage trailer section Shasta reissue.
These have some horrible issues.

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:40 PM   #65
Hi All, I would like to know why FR doesn't send out Buyer Survey's and Dealer Satisfaction Question Forms? Could it be that they couldn't stand to read what they might get back from their customers? I know that every time I buy a new auto or take one in for service work, I always get a survey.
hdmtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:17 PM   #66
Angry WRT111

Does it do any good to complain on the forum? My trailer still has problems after 20 months since purchase. Has spent 10 months in dealership. FR has decided to refund me a 1/3 of my payments I have made. This took hours of paperwork and e-mails every other day for months. They know they have problems, why not fix their QC.
wrt111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:39 AM   #67
Originally Posted by captainperry View Post
I was in the automotive business and the marine industry for 4 decades. people who state its engineering/3rd party parts/or manufacturing, are missing the point. its all the same company. Things should be tested and inspected at all points on the assembly line. There should be QC for each individual aspect of the build process...there is NO excuse for poor quality
Agree 100%
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:41 AM   #68
Originally Posted by gillesgoulet View Post
I wonder whether FR is ISO certified! I have observed a number of QA issues with my new Vibe 279 RBS.
Being ISO certified doesn't automatically make quality, you have to practice it. It Just means you figured out how to pass an audit.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:19 PM   #69
We have had our brand new rv for about 4 weeks. Have a list of 20 QC items that should have been taken care of before we got it not to mention before it got to the dealer. Most are minor but a couple are not. Now we have to make the trip to take it back to the dealer. Have not even taken it camping yet. Have no idea how long it will be there. Ugh.
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:27 PM   #70
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
Nothing is perfect in this world and never will be. QC is gone for about anything you buy. Folks will buy and folks will B*** but nothing changes. At least you get it fixed for free that is a plus. Later RJD

2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river, quality