Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 06:35 AM   #21

I have to say my unit was very good. I do not recall fixing anything. There might have been a few screws, etc. But all systems worked. Nothing major.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:45 AM   #22
Alleged curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
I have to say my unit was very good. I do not recall fixing anything. There might have been a few screws, etc. But all systems worked. Nothing major.

Vin.
x2...and we are still very happy with our Windjammer as our 4th summer season in our first TT nears completion, without any issues deserving of mention.
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35); 2017 (34); 2018 (39); 2019 (30); 2020 (16); 2021 (14); 2022 to date (12)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:49 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post
x2...and we are still very happy with our Windjammer as our 4th summer season in our first TT nears completion, without any issues deserving of mention.
Once again, the Windjammer shines.

Bruce
Old 08-21-2015, 06:55 AM   #24

I just fix stuff myself. The same with the house, truck, lawn mower etc.. Show me something that doesn't have problems from time to time. It's just life. Fix it and move on. That's what I do.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:00 AM   #25

I don't blame people for complaining. Granted some people do make a mountain out of a molehill, and not everyone has mechanical abilities. Maybe their complaining will get something done. They've spent a lot of money and expect a decent product. I don't think that's to much to ask. As far as trying to do something about it, that's why they post here hoping to get some direction??
Old 08-21-2015, 07:16 AM   #26

Been very happy with our 2014 SilverBack 29IK. Put about 3,000 miles (5,000km) on it. All that has been required is replacement of a GFCI plug in and a LED light fixture and a minor adjustment to screen door latch for alignment with a screwdriver and 30 seconds effort.

I hear all the horror stories and am grateful that we have a trouble free unit so far.

2014 Silverback 29IK
honker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:18 AM   #27
Site Team - Lou

It has been my experience that these threads go no where because they antagonize the very people who might be willing to help them.

Yes, there are "Made on a Monday" campers as well as "Made on a Monday" houses, cars, and just about everything else.

Presented differently, and actually asking for help, rather than slamming the folks who can approve the fix to your issue, might actually get you back on the camping road. Most member's experience has been very positive with FR stepping up and backing their product even long after the printed warranty has expired. Threads abound where this is so.

Remember also that we do not have any official relationship with any division of Forest River. HOWEVER, FR reps and employees DO visit here often. Some have actually "come out" and we code them accordingly. Calling someone an SOB will most likely result in "no help" in your search for "justice".

While yes you can lawyer up and sue, sometimes a polite phone call can get you the same result with no angst or fees.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:47 AM   #28

2015 Rockwood 2702 SS- Minor stuff, switches on stabilizer jacks, trim around opening to bedroom, entry doors adjusted, small leak at water pump, tub wall had to be glued at a small area.

Overall very happy with the TT and Camping World of Cocoa, knock on wood.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:15 AM   #29

It is the pervebial cup half full, half empty senerio. If your handy, you adapt. If not, your at the beckon will of the dealer. It truely is that simple.

You have a reasonable expectation of product quality, at time of purchase. The problem arises, when your individual ability to determine that very quality is suspect. Then, most likely you fall into the dealer pit, at prime time camping season, only to learn your two to three weeks out for repair. This will NEVER change. Oh, i'm not talking about things like fridge failure, due to defects like mine when new.

Look at it this way, your next RV will have to meet more scrutenous standards, why you say, because you're smarter. Just sayin'
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:19 AM   #30

Found loose nuts retaining body to frame, other then that our problems were self inflicted....
Jane1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:20 PM   #31
2016 Shamrock 183 Hybrid

Our Shamrock had 1 item - a minor misalignment of the screen door at the upper right corner that showed enough space for mosquito entry......fixed by getting some lower door sweep (for free) from my dealer (who offered to do the fix for free) and adhering it to the door frame with adhesive glue (which I had, but the dealer offered to supply) to form a bug proof seal....

Other than that we have not found a single issue.
sparty047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:20 PM   #32

I don't dis-agree with a thread of this nature, however there is no need for name calling or other dis respectful comments. Some times we learn from other peoples mistakes! Some one here said nothing is perfect and I tend to agree, not your car, your home or anything else! We are quite happy with our trailer, its had some problems since new and I have dealt with them myself! Some things you don't find out about until a lot later. We persistently had a wet floor below the drivers side slide rear window, after a rain and only when the slide was extended! The last time it was wet I decided it was time to correct it before the floor rotted out! Examining visually inside and out I could find no fault!! I thought it was a window leak near the bottom sill? Pouring water near the bottom on the window from the outside produced no results, where was it coming from?? I decided to remove the interior trim for a closer look! Much to my surprise it only took one glance to find the problem! Now is this normal slippage or faulty craftsmanship you decide! So for anyone that may have a leak or wet spots below your windows you might want to check there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	window leak 1.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	86465  
Old 08-21-2015, 03:41 PM   #33
Done with this

As far as a "problem" problem? Nope. Little routine maintenance stuff, sure. We're very happy with our unit.

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:21 PM   #34
CC4

Did your brand new unit have any problems?

I've had my Tracer Air 250 since last November. Part 1... Lights were not working properly immediately upon getting the unit home. (Damaged power umbilical between trailer and tow vehicle. (umbilical repaired and reinforced by me) Part 2... The front skin had to be replaced due to bulging which also led to cracking. Part 3... The slide out includes the kitchen sink. The drain hose released on the second trip flooding the area under and outside of the kitchen cabinets, stove and sinks. I had to dry it out on site and remove the wood covers below the stove and sink to see what had occurred. A temporary repair later and we completed that adventure with an emergency drop-off to the dealer. Part 4... Popped brads from base moulding both on the wall adjacent to the slide out and next to the couch portion of the slide out. Glue and screws to repair problem. Part 5... Bathroom door jammed and would not open. I had to remove the door knob and replace it in reverse as well as "adjusting" the hinges. Part 6... I've had to rewire the switches at the door as they were reversed from the factory. Part 7... One of the exterior speakers was not connected so I had to wire that from the stereo. Part 8... Whenever lights are turned on inside the trailer the radio/stereo volume is diminished or distorted ? (Still working on de-bugging that problem) Part 9... I have recently discovered that there is a half-inch gap between the rear of the stove top and the laminate counter (I'll be talking to the dealership about that one when I winterize) Part 10... The awning is leaking when deployed. I have found evidence that white caulk was used to attempt a repair. Since it was bought new this is another issue I will be addressing with the dealership.
I love my Tracer Air 250. I looked at dozens of designs before deciding on this design. I am frustrated by the fact that on average I am doing repair work for every one out of three days spent camping. I live in constant fear that on one trip something is going to occur that I can't do a quick temporary fix on. I still haven't figured out how to manually close the slide out or the awning should the need arise. And my dealership hasn't been able to show me either as they've only had my unit on their lot and there is no visible access to the slide motor from the outside or the inside. I would definitely like to see better QC on travel trailers. They are not inexpensive to purchase and certainly should be better made if only for safety reasons. I'm lucky that I have friends that have done total rebuilds on used trailers in the past so I know I can always enlist aid and experience if something major happens but that isn't something I should have to think about as I am motoring to my next trailering adventure.
CC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:33 PM   #35

Quite a few

Recliner wouldn't retract. Dash radio touch contrils didn't work and still don't. Water connection doir fekl iff simewhere on the road. TV fell off wall. Coach door very difficult to close. Only problem fixed was recliner. Live the Mercedes chassis, but the ciacchwork and especially the electronics are substandard.
I Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:46 PM   #36

Well call me confused. I've followed this thread since post 1, and never did pick up on anyone calling anyone else names or being disrespectful. Now i admit to being one of the "new kids on the block", and I've never been called the brightest bulb in the box, but what have I missed?

In all honesty, I've enjoyed this entire forum, and I hope I'm able to contribute in some small way for the benefit of others. I've had a camper of some kind for most of my adult life, and have learned a thing or two, but I'll admit that I don't know everything.

Anyway, like I said, I'm just confused.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:50 PM   #37
Done with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg View Post
Well call me confused.
Howdy Confused!!

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:52 PM   #38

Howdy! lol
Old 08-21-2015, 06:53 PM   #39
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1fan View Post
Howdy Confused!!
I was going to call him a name to say that it had been done and he was WRONG!!!
but I though that would be mean..

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:02 PM   #40

I agree with Biker Dan that some problems should be expected. My complaint is with dealer service. I looked ling and hard before finding a dealer who would do warranty work on a notorhome they didn't sell me. Then Forest River told them to unolug the radio and plug it back in??? No new radio offered. And it's not like I can replace the low quality Jensen eadio with a better one. Jensen is the only ine that switches the screen between mirrors actuated by turn sigbals. So now we use the dash radio only for the caneras.