Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 07:18 PM   #41

Dang Doc...you should have....I would have felt right at home then!!
Old 08-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #42
Who Dares, Wins

I am sure but I try not to be mean spirited... LOL

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #43

The quick answer is YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksilvi View Post
Was there anything wrong with your unit when you purchased it brand new from a dealer?

Whether it's 1 thing or 29, big or small, you fixed it or dealer fixed it.

List it here if you could.

Another member believes the quality in the industry is pretty darn good and the majority of units have no issues.

I'm curious to know if this is true.

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
I will put it this way, I have never purchased a 5th wheel of any brand that did not have any issues, (my Coleman pop-ups) did not have any issues when new. But as was stated before, If you can build a large number of rolling homes in the time these factory's do, please let us know.

But yes it has been said many times that the quality of rv's does have some issues with it, but it will be changing in the near future as the feds are also having issue with the ways they are built, and have been doing some in-depth looking into the industry, so time will tell what changes.

But for now if you can not or are not will to fix any of the defects, and do not trust your selling dealer (and it seems most do not) just take it back to the factory and they will be glad to fix all the errors.
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:55 PM   #44

2016 Super Lite 27' bunkhouse

A not so obvious blown fuse that caused a lighting issue inside. My biggest disappointment was that the guy who was responsible for checking everything up front checked off that all interior lights were functional. Whoops.

Also the river seal on the bedroom slide was off and had to be reseated. Again not a big deal except both items were marked off by the PDI guy.

Ended up getting a $100 gift card to the dealers little store so I'm not too upset in the long run.
jlindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:05 AM   #45

I've only had my Salem CruiseLite since mid-June so there might be some other things I find from time to time but so far:
1) The wood table had a crack that I didn't like - being replaced
2) The curtain to the bedroom had a section that wasn't sewn well (frayed edge showing
3) One piece of the stripping covering ceiling sections is coming unglued
4) The light above the sink is only attached at the front end and is loose.
5) The gray water flush handle won't push all the way back in.

The only other problem I had was when I got locked in the shower. Not sure what I didn't do right when I got in but after 30 minutes of banging on the door, the latch finally broke. I'm not blaming this on FR though - it was probably "operator error". I must say the insulation is probably really good since my friend camped next door said she came to my dinette window (which was open) to see if I was up and didn't hear anything!

My unit stayed intact during a severe thunderstorm with 80 mph gust front winds. It was very scary to get up at 5am to a bright red sky (and I do mean red!). I was praying the trailer didn't just pick up and get moved since I was in an open area with no place to run to.
MartiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:49 AM   #46
Do It Yourselfer

Just injecting my 2 cents. ... I retire after 30 years at an automotive Dealership. The last 20 in Service and Parts. A customers by nature will have concerns about little things, because the purchase was big money. We always try to take care of the customer issues, but some just expect 'Perfection from an Imperfect world'. Let's not forget a lot of elements are involve with building something with 15 to 20 thousand parts.... engineers, vendor, assembly workers, etc. Being mechanically incline, not every home job or project I do turns out perfect. So why should I expect others to be fault free, no matter the initial cost/investment. Complaining or finding fault doesn't get things done, work with the dealer/manufacturer to a reasonable conclusion.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It's Easy to take 'Liberty' for granted, When you have never had it taken from You!
wuffwuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:25 AM   #47

Camper is Great

We bought a new Crusader 315rst last April and other than a couple loose screws and a missing pull handle for one of the grey water tanks we have had NO problems. Not going to talk about the fireplace which we are going to replace with one that the remote will work.. we don't just go camping once in awhile, we live in this camper and we LOVE this thing. Not sure if we are lucky or the few that do complain are the unlucky ones. But I for one is counting my blessings.
gkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:18 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
X1000.

These "let's all sit and complain" threads (quality, bad neighbors, bad drivers, etc) do nothing but divide the membership. For these quality threads, I have yet to see where any member has stood up and organized a grassroots campaign to actually make change and make things better. Lots of complaining with no goal nor call to action. Pointless wastes of time, IMO.

If you're going to complain, at least step up and try to do something to make it better.
X100"1"
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:36 PM   #49

I will say that I like my camper and the issues I've had were ones I would rather expect on any unit. I keep mine at the dealer so the issues get taken care of pretty quickly. As a new FR owner, I agree that all the negativity can be a little overwhelming. However, I do take a look at some things now that I might not have been aware of in the past. My previous unit was a 1991 Dutchmen 20' that was meticulously maintained. I had it for 9 years but am not sorry I decided to buy a new FR.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:16 PM   #50

We have had our first Forest River product for almost 2 full summers now. We had some minor issues after we first picked it up. I emphasize minor because they didn't diminish the enjoyment of our new TT. The issues were dealt with by the dealer when it fit our schedule. We r using it this very weekend and hope the weather holds up here for awhile yet so we can use it some more. If I have one complaint its that there is so little time to use it. If Forest River could lengthen the season I would really be impressed.
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:54 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Thirty View Post
If I have one complaint its that there is so little time to use it. If Forest River could lengthen the season I would really be impressed.
Amen to that! Finding weekends to get away is my major problem. There is always something that comes up and work gets in the way too.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:41 PM   #52

Problems? I'll tell you problems.

After the delivery driver towed my Flagstaff Vlite from Indiana to Alabama in near hurricane force winds there were problems. Second a/c had a loose wire, the outside kitchen hatch had to be adjusted twice. Oh yes, the front door latch had a scratch on it that my service department had the nerve to replace without me asking. All kidding aside. Even a new house will have a punch list. I hope that all you owners out there with issues will get them resolved quickly so you can enjoy your unit as much as my family has ours.
Damule is offline   Reply With Quote