Old 09-18-2014, 06:36 AM   #31

Here is a link to where I bought my Direct TV dish. SatPro.tv the satellite professionals for all satellite meters and satellite finders

Old 09-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzball View Post
Our tripod blew over while down on the Texas coast and you're right, its pretty out of calibration now so that adds time to the setup process.
I think the lnb arm got bent just slightly but, slightly is a lot when trying to hit a object flying through space.

No one said camping was easy 😄

Total first world problem! 😄

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #33

Well patients paid off, maybe. I was about to buy what I needed from eBay, but found someone willing to give me the HD system components for free if I pulled it off their house. This is what I grabbed from a working system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1411952538.320752.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	844.1 KB
ID:	63719 Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1411952551.459486.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	63720Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1411952562.641749.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	632.2 KB
ID:	63721

Now I need to figure out what is needed and how to setup the connection to the trailer given the 4 coax coming of the lnb.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #34

All you need is one cable the four are all live feeds to four different receivers . If you are hooking a DVR you would hook one up to each input on the receiver. Also did the receivers have B band converters on the back you will need at least one since you are not using a SWM lnb. Just disconnect all the coax from the LNB except one. Hook that to your satellite input on your rig. Then connect the coax inside to the receiver make sure youhave the B band converter on the receiver and attach the coax to it.
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
All you need is one cable the four are all live feeds to four different receivers . If you are hooking a DVR you would hook one up to each input on the receiver. Also did the receivers have B band converters on the back you will need at least one since you are not using a SWM lnb. Just disconnect all the coax from the LNB except one. Hook that to your satellite input on your rig. Then connect the coax inside to the receiver make sure youhave the B band converter on the receiver and attach the coax to it.
Ok, so all I need is one connector from the LBN? I see b band converters on ebay. I have the H21 HD receiver. Would I need some type of power injector?
Old 09-29-2014, 05:28 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
Ok, so all I need is one connector from the LBN? I see b band converters on ebay. I have the H21 HD receiver. Would I need some type of power injector?
No the Power Inserter is only needed with a SWM LNB.
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:14 AM   #37

You will probably need a tripod or some sort of base as well.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:35 AM   #38

Great news on the power inverter. I have the B band converter on order and downloaded the dish align app last night. I am looking at the tripods but may make a custom deal for it as a stand just because I like doing that type of stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #39

Helmsey, my husband & I are so frustrated with this subject. Just got a new TT with HD TV. We have a dish we retreved from our sons home when he moved. From there, we know nothing. Is there anyway you can explain to us (perhaps step x step!), on what we need to do. We are considering calling Direct to come out & install it, but really don't want to spend that kind of $. Your help or anybodys would be so helpful. Remember that you are talking to two people who just can't quite get it when hooking up TVs. Any pictures would really help. Thank you in advance.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #40

You have not mentioned if you already have directv service. If you do then the solution is simple. If your antenna is the Slimline version then you are able to get HD. If it is the round type you won't get HD, but it is easier to setup. You can take your receiver, if you have one from your residence.

You will need a signal meter that can be purchased from Radio Shack or other electronic store. You will need a tripod or some other type of base for your antenna.

To keep it simple until your are more familiar with how your TT is setup, I would hook directly from the antenna to the receiver by going through a window and then from the receiver directly to the TV. Your TV should have multiple source inputs so you can use the antenna for local or the dish for satellite.

You don't have to have it, but an app to point the dish is also helpful.

In the receiver setup menu you can find the azimuth and elevation. Also tilt if you have the Slimline antenna. To get the correct setting you will need the zip code for your camping location.

If your antenna is SWM type then your receiver must also be SWM.

Hope this helps and don't get discouraged as it is easier in most cases than it sounds.