Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #1

East to West 29 KRK

Hello all. Just picked up a new East to West "Della Terra" 29KRK travel trailer in Cincinnati (best price in the nation) and returned to San Antonio. Thought I'd give a short trip report and review of the new East to West line of travel trailers. We're long time RVers and recently sold our Jayco White Hawk which was a superb trailer. We thought we might be finished with Rving but the call of the road is strong with us. Didn't want to spend a fortune on a new RV and saw the East to West line-up at a dealer while visiting friends in Dallas. Although a "stick and tin" trailer, we were very impressed with the level of workmanship, included amenities and the affordable price point. Was going to buy in Dallas but a check of prices on the internet enabled us to save right at $4K at Jeff Couch RV Nation. After a lengthy PDI and WDH installation, we hit the road and headed back to Texas. My tow vehicle is an '17 F-150, 3.5 EB with the max tow package and 1726lb payload. This trailer has a heavy tongue weight but we were sitting fairly level with some squat to the truck. I know the WDH isn't dialed in completely but was quite impressed with how the trailer towed. We took 3 days (1400 miles) to get back home. It was quite windy the first day and rained very hard the other travel days but no problems, just slowed down a bit. Not once when one of the 27,000 semi's passed us did I feel unsafe. Was curious why some semi's would give us a push and others we didn't feel??? Anyway, the ride home was uneventful and I averaged right at 9mpg using regular gas. It was a very good shake-down trip for the new trailer. Really no big issues at all. Had to adjust the entry door, scraping on the bottom, and a piece of cabinet trim fell off but that was it. I'll have to gin up something to stop the kitchen drawers and dinette seat drawers from opening while traveling. The bed was surprisingly comfortable, who would have thought. The shower was great, almost like being at home. We've been home for a few days now and had a chance to really go over the trailer and my positive impression still holds. We were a little disappointed that some of the features shown on the brochure were not installed on our trailer. After talking with a factory rep, turns out we have one of their early build units and some things just weren't available at the time. Good thing is East to West wanted to make a good impression so the early units had a lot of attention to detail during the build process. Bottom line is we highly recommend the East to West line if you're looking for a well-made, reasonably priced and well appointed travel trailer. We were treated very well at Jeff Couch RV Nation and their prices are almost unbeatable.

Now we need to get a East to West section on this forum. Cheers and safe travels.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:45 AM   #2

Congratulations. Thought about buying there ourselves but bought an hour away instead. Dealers had it a month and finally got parts for the warranty work. Just curious how you will deal with warranty work. Its only for a year, after that I'll do it myself
Bob
Old 05-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #3

Hi Bob, yea getting warranty work done was/is a concern. Since most of the dealership's business is from out-of-state buyers, according to them, they have a network of both FR authorized dealerships as well as independent RV repair companies they work with. If I have an issue, I contact them and they get authorization from FR and will locate a repair facility near me for the work. Sounds good in theory and I hope I never have to test it. Like you, unless its a major component, I just repair myself.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:20 PM   #4

We have over 2000 on Our East to West since buying it in January and it has been great. Glad you like yours as well. I asked for a section on here, but they said not enough interest in EAst to West yet.

East to West Della Terra 25KRB
camperwes413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #5

Just bought 2020 27kns

Very pleased so far 2 weeks into ownership!! Lots of bells and whistles, king size bed, 15,000 btu a/c. 8 cf refrigerator. NO slides~!!!!

So far only the CO alarm has had a malfunction they told us to pull the fuse, but I didnt see one in the box, but it ran the battery down ugh.... so maybe that will reset it. I have to get a battery charger tomorrow.
sossier is offline   Reply With Quote