Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #21

2008 27RLSE wildcat. We love our elect awning. Always haveing people ask us about it. Don't leave home without it. Happy Camping.
2005 F350 PSD dully
In Missouri
N0INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #22
Newbie shopping for FR

We have had 7 nights in our 831KRSS and I think that it rained every night. This weekend it started pouring while we were having supper and by the time I got up from the table the awning had a pool about a foot deep sitting on it. Thankfully nothing broke but it did not automatically dump either. Like the rest of you I am looking for a decent fix for this problem. For now what I am doing is propping the center of the awning up with an adjustable tent pole with a tennis ball on the end. This raises the center up so that the water runs both ways. The tennis ball on the end spreads the pressure so it does not puncture the awning. It is not the best fix but it keeps the water off and allows us to go to sleep with the awning out and not worry about it. I for one think that what I bought was an umberlla not just a sun shade.
NorthernAvLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Wildcat View Post
Other forums I read have several people disappointed by the electric awnings.

They don't like the water pooling affect when it rains, since you can't dip one corner.

Several threads on this can be read at Outbackers.com

Also, they have been told by their dealers that the awning is a "sun shade" not an umbrella.

Steve

I have an electric one with no issues at all. the arms have adjustable sliders on the and we can tilt it on either side.
trailraider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning