Old 03-05-2015, 10:55 AM   #11

I think you know what to do......right?

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:52 AM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

LOL, everyone says walk away/run. Jeez people.. have a heart.

Wait, no- I would run, too. My dealer ended up being a total zero when it came to service and that sucks.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:11 PM   #13

I would RUN you don't need that unit/many more like it on the market that don't have ANY proublems
R&J Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:07 PM   #14

I had a similar situation. Bought my unit in early December last year and it took them six weeks before I took delivery. Lots of promises, little action. I wrote to the CEO of camping World (the dealer)/Good Sam and that got a little better response. When I picked it up (still missing a remote) I had a long talk with the regional manager. The service profit and loss center didn't seem to care about the post sale service. Still waiting for the remote that was supposed to be mailed to my house. Just got a call this AM saying there isn't a fireplace remote - but at one point there was (at the 18 December walkthrough) but was gone in January. Sigh.
brer_rabbit10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:20 PM   #15

Stop the deal.

On delivery from the factory, a good dealer should go over the trailer and raise issues with the factory then. Not down the road after a customer inspection. A good dealer wants to sell a sound product to a customer, and get the factory to fix factory problems out of sight of the customer.

Also be sure you know how to do a good PDI - Pre Delivery Inspection. And the Dealer should invite you to camp in his/her lot and operate all functions of the trailer. You want a fully-functioning trailer before pulling out of the dealership. Any balking, politely mention your State's Attorney General. That should get some attention.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:26 PM   #16

Lots of people want your money and are willing to do the right job to get it. It always pays to find the right dealer before you buy. The dealer is almost more important than the trailer you pick.

My dealer is really honest and I have called the owner at home when the dealership was closed to get help. Yes they were issues but all got fixed within a reasonable amount of time.

Run from these guys. The service will only get worse after the sales guys have your money.

2004 Ford F550 6l Lariat SuperCrew, Fontaine Bed,
Link Systems Air Ride
2011 Sterling 32RL with Michelin XPS tires
extremebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #17

running away

depends on where you live and the laws, in california, unfortunately , there is no such animal as walking away after you sign the dotted line,,,
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:30 AM   #18

Thanks all, walking away is clearly an option. And in Texas I an not so worried about canceling the contract until I take delivery.

Most stuff is cosmetic and it seams a common part of RV ownership from what I read; As is slow factory warranty service and parts.

Thanks for sharing the rational thought to run away. However I am lucky that other dealerships in my area also service forest river products, just do not have this model on the showroom floor.

This all seams par for the course when dealing with this industry.

If a competitor wanted to own this market, service would appear to be the easier way to take top spot. Other industries have made their product command a premium just from service. Think apple stores or the amazon for service.

No competition to improve service and the client base is captive in the loop. You think a simple premium preferential service program to have ppl pay to move ahead in line would exist. I do not like waiting in lines and consider the premium cost a part of improving experience over the real cost of dealing with fools.

We will see about the PDI walk through Saturday. If the big items are addressed and have plans with dates(and explicit penalties for failure of SLA) for the rest, I will take possession. Either way, I share the dealers name once a direction is done.

The boy scout in me like to be prepared. Just wanted to confirm this was normal for the industry, dealership, product and life of an rv owner. Be proud America.
Texas outdoors by way of a PA farmboy.
ChiefGreedyOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGreedyOfficer View Post
Thanks all, walking away is clearly an option. And in Texas I an not so worried about canceling the contract until I take delivery.

Most stuff is cosmetic and it seams a common part of RV ownership from what I read; As is slow factory warranty service and parts.

Thanks for sharing the rational thought to run away. However I am lucky that other dealerships in my area also service forest river products, just do not have this model on the showroom floor.

This all seams par for the course when dealing with this industry.

If a competitor wanted to own this market, service would appear to be the easier way to take top spot. Other industries have made their product command a premium just from service. Think apple stores or the amazon for service.

No competition to improve service and the client base is captive in the loop. You think a simple premium preferential service program to have ppl pay to move ahead in line would exist. I do not like waiting in lines and consider the premium cost a part of improving experience over the real cost of dealing with fools.

We will see about the PDI walk through Saturday. If the big items are addressed and have plans with dates(and explicit penalties for failure of SLA) for the rest, I will take possession. Either way, I share the dealers name once a direction is done.

The boy scout in me like to be prepared. Just wanted to confirm this was normal for the industry, dealership, product and life of an rv owner. Be proud America.
If you have this much trouble before delivery just wait after delivery they could care less. Try getting another dealer to work on something you bought else where . They will just tell you NO.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:12 AM   #20

Get on a motorcycle and crank the trottle as hard as possible ....way faster then running....... The dealer only wants the money and warranty work don't pay well you won't be on the back burner you will be put on the coals of a two day old campfire if you need warranty work from these guys...

Tags
dealer, service