Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2015, 02:09 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGreedyOfficer View Post
Thanks all, walking away is clearly an option. And in Texas I an not so worried about canceling the contract until I take delivery.

Most stuff is cosmetic and it seams a common part of RV ownership from what I read; As is slow factory warranty service and parts.

Thanks for sharing the rational thought to run away. However I am lucky that other dealerships in my area also service forest river products, just do not have this model on the showroom floor.

This all seams par for the course when dealing with this industry.

If a competitor wanted to own this market, service would appear to be the easier way to take top spot. Other industries have made their product command a premium just from service. Think apple stores or the amazon for service.

No competition to improve service and the client base is captive in the loop. You think a simple premium preferential service program to have ppl pay to move ahead in line would exist. I do not like waiting in lines and consider the premium cost a part of improving experience over the real cost of dealing with fools.

We will see about the PDI walk through Saturday. If the big items are addressed and have plans with dates(and explicit penalties for failure of SLA) for the rest, I will take possession. Either way, I share the dealers name once a direction is done.

The boy scout in me like to be prepared. Just wanted to confirm this was normal for the industry, dealership, product and life of an rv owner. Be proud America.
One of the pitfalls of the rv industry is if you did not buy an rv at that dealership you will have trouble getting it serviced there unless it is a member of a nationwide network (ie rv warranty forever or camping world). At best you will be put at the end of a long line waiting for service. At worst, you will be told they won't service something they didn't sell. In the rv world, the single most important thing about a dealer is their service department. This dealer does not appear to have a good one. As others have said, service will get worse after you take possession. Best of luck in whatever you do.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:46 AM   #22

Lets see (3 weeks + 2 weeks =5 weeks) and have (Never) talked to the (Service Manager) after (Many) phone calls! BUT the (Sales Team) is Working with you! Wait here I will be (Right Back)! Ha! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:42 PM   #23

Well I took possession. They got all but 2 items addressed. They committed in writing to come pick it up and repair the last 2 items when parts arrive.

Now on to deal with hitch setup and other joys of the wife decorating and screaming that I am going to hit something going around every corner.
Texas outdoors by way of a PA farmboy.
ChiefGreedyOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGreedyOfficer View Post
Well I took possession. They got all but 2 items addressed. They committed in writing to come pick it up and repair the last 2 items when parts arrive.

Now on to deal with hitch setup and other joys of the wife decorating and screaming that I am going to hit something going around every corner.
Good thing it is in writing! You have more patience then I do on waiting for them to make it right, congrats on picking it up! Hopefully the two lingering problems do not render it unusable and you can get out and enjoy the trailer.

I am sure once you get out and use it you will forget about the whole headache you have had. I recently got a new car and dealing with the VW dealership was a nightmare but I could not walk away from the deal because it was an insane price. A week worth of headache but I love the car and price, so hopefully you have the same experience and love the unit!

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, service